Any ladies in Arizona? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any ladies in Arizona? Any ladies in Arizona?

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Any ladies in Arizona?

Hey an ladies in Arizona going through this?
How about being on your period when you go in, any info on that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Any ladies in Arizona?

Errika, what part of arizona are you in. I am in the west valley, I live in Peoria near 83rd & cactus. I had my tah bso 20months ago and I am still trying to recover fully from. maybe someday the hot flashes and other problems will go away. I love my doctor she is great I have just had alot of small problems since I had this done. Mary
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Arizona lady

Errica, I live near 7th St and Greenway in Phoenix. My TVH with anterior and posterior repair and sling is scheduled for Tuesday, March 19. I have a pre-op this Friday. My period should arrive this weekend - naturally. I've been feeling really positive about this. I have four kids and my tubes have been tied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Any ladies in Arizona?

Have you visited the Arizona Neighborhood in the USA Neighborhoods forum?

You may find many sisters close to you there!

As to the period during surgery....it happens to many of us...it's not a problem.

Karen
Unread 03-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Another AZ Lady

Me too, I live near Tatum and Shea and am scheduled for this Thursday. My period started two days ago. I've though about the irony of this and have decided that it's to remind me, in a very forceful way, that this was the right decision. Maybe when this is all over we can have an I'll show you my scar if you'll show me yours party!

Nancy
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Sierra Vista Az

I live in Sierra Vista! It is in Southeastern corner of Az! About an hour from Tucson! I have been here for about 22 years! Graduated from here, got married here, had my babies here!
Anyway, I am down to almost the night before my surgery and I feel fine about it! I feel as if I will breeze through and be just fabulous!
Getting a bit tired though! Gonna sign off now! Talk to ya tomorrow!
Unread 03-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Any ladies in Arizona?

Hi there!
I'm in Gilbert. Hoping to have LAVH soon but the Dr I had just informed me he doesn't get paid enough to do that so he isn't going to waste his time! GREAT!

Where are you? Who is your Dr? I have been looking for fellow Arizonans myself. Hope to hear from you soon! KimAZ
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Any ladies in Arizona?

I am in the Tempe/Chandler area... Ahwatukee actually.
just had my hyst on Monday 3/11/02 because of severe endometriosis.

Sorry I'm not leaving more of a msg. I'm heading to bed before the pillow police arrest me.

Crystal
Unread 03-26-2002, 12:12 PM
Any ladies in Arizona?

Hi AZ ladies,

I'm just catching up on reading all the posts. Sounds like several of you have just had your surgeries. Hope all is going well. Remember to take it easy, get lots of rest and listen to your bodies!!!!

I live in West Phoenix around 107th Ave and Camelback, so fairly close to Mary42. (My sister lives at 87th Ave and Cactus). Nancy, you sound hilarious. Love your party idea!!

I am about 3 and a half month post op and doing fairly well. But I'm still working on ironing out the kinks. I keep hearing that it takes 6 months to a year to fully heal. I'm trying to be patient.

All of you that recently had surgery, let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. Take care.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register