Getting Nervous-second Guessing | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Nervous-second Guessing Getting Nervous-second Guessing

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Getting Nervous-second Guessing

I'm getting nervous and also second guessing myself. Wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I'm 39 and have had problems for quite awhile. Very heavy periods with large clots, painful and cramping, painful intercourse, trouble with constipation during period, backache, and excruciating pain in my right side if I don't hold it when I cough. And I do a lot of coughing.
My uterus has continued to enlarge. I have the measurements from the last two us but I dont know what the measurements were the other day. The Dr said my uterus was 3 x larger than normal size and said we had no other alternative but a TAH. So, I don't really know how much bigger my uterus is. The Dr. just seemed very concerned and scheduled surgery as quick as he could get me in. He said he would try to save my ovaries if he could, I'm not sure how he meant that. I have never really been diagnosed with anything except having a cyst removed from my ovary during a tubal.
I am anxious to get it over with, and nervous about the whole thing I guess. It was just kind of quick. Surgery will be the 20th. Goodluck to all the other sisters having surgery on the 20th. Love ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Getting Nervous-second Guessing

Mikki Jo,
I just read your post and I really do feel for you! I have been going through pain similar to yours for almost 5 years now. I have chronic endometriosis and have had laporscopic surgery twice to lazer the the scar tissue and adhesions. I had surgery 2 years ago for a choc. cyst and I was on Lupron a few years ago for 6 months and it was horrible! I cant go on the pill, I refuse to have Lupron injections again and I am having pain and major clots too and lots of pain backache and hips and cramping heavily..I really do feel for you its worse on your period too! I ahve a son and my husband and I arent having anymore, he got a vasectomy so really no point in me going through this pain anymore! I give you the same advice no need to go throught this pain all your life. Keep reading the posts on this site it has been really healpful for me. My surgery is March 29 and now I really cant wait to get this done and be pain free! feel free to email me if you would like.

Be praying for you!
Christine
Unread 03-12-2002, 03:41 PM
So good to hear from you

It was so good to hear from you!! Our surgery dates are not very far apart. I will be feeling well enough to cheer you on by the time you have yours! You really do sound like my sister, our symptoms are very much the same. Your right, there is no point in delaying surgery if you couldnt have anymore children. I had had a tubal and already have 4 children. DS 22, DD 20, DD 12, DS 8. And the last time I was checked before I had my son the dr. told me I wouldn't be able to have anymore children. I didnt want any at the time so it didnt hurt my feelings, and I didnt even ask why he come to that conclusion. A few months after that we decided to have another child and I prayed and that very prayer I became pregnant because we used protection the rest of the time. Noone could make me believe any different. I had a hard time having him and he was 8 weeks early. But he's beautiful now. And I'm thankful for the sweet gift God has given us in our children. I will email you soon so we can get to know each other better or you email me. Blessings in Christ, Mikki

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register