6 Days away...... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 Days away...... 6 Days away......

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:32 PM
6 Days away......

Hey who ever wants to listen. I am 6 days pre-op away. I have to go Friday to do my pre-op blood work etc. I am in a constant state of mind. Can't concentrate, people are calling wishing me luck, ect... (It is making me MORE nervous!)

I don't know how much longer I can handle that sick feeling.

I am trying to remain calm. I told the dr. on my last visit I was very nervous but didn't offer anything for nerves or sleep. I can't concertate on anything long enough to keep myself busy. Worried about hospital bill, DH,DS (11) who is going to cook, clean, take care of DS while honey is at work.... ECT... Can't kick the worrying mind.....

If it get's worse closer to castle date, I don't know if I can handle it. Luckily I have all of you! I don't talk to DH much about it. Do have a good friend that is very supportive, but hasn't had hyst.

HELP :cry:

(((((Cheryl)))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:45 PM
6 Days away......

Hi Cheryl.... Wow your mind is going a mile a minute! Thats only natural.... Everyone does it. Us women sure carry the burden of the world on our shoulders! After my surgery, I realized that I did most of my worrying for nothing. Everything went fine, hospital stay was fine, recovery was fine, house work got done, family ate, bills were paid..... You will be alright if you try to relax and do things to keep your mind off of it for a little while if you can. I went a few days before my surgery to get a new haircut, pedicure and on a date with my DH. I was in the show room of a car dealership buying a car the night before my surgery... now that will surely take your mind off of anything when you have to sign your name on the dotted line! The good news is, after all this is over you will feel great and you will look back and hopefully all your worrying will be in vain. I have no regrets of having a hysterectomy at all. My life has improved 100% since June. I have more energy (I was anemic) and no more mood swings or awful periods. Try to think of all the positives that will come from getting your health back. Maybe that will help some.
I wish you all the best !
MB
Unread 03-12-2002, 03:46 PM
6 Days away......

Hi Cheryl,

I just posted today that I feel I am going crazy with no energy, and kinda feeling depressed. My TAH is 4/3 and I feel I am falling apart even though I know this is what I have to do. So i feel for you and what you are going through right now. My dh is so supportive but today we are going to groc store and I made a comment about getting a tummy pillow and he said what are we going to talk about after you have the surgery. (Being newlyweds I know he was kidding) He did laugh. But I feel for all he will have to do just to keep me in line. Plus we have 8yr old and 10 yr old daughters that he will have to take care of also, and our family business that we own. Keep your chin up because we are going to be a soon!!Yay!!
E-mail me and let me know how things are going if you need that little extra support. Take Care! P.S. Call your dr if you think you need something for nerves I am going to tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 04:19 PM
8 days away-

Cheryl, I know how you feel. I am 8 days away and I'm getting very, Anxious and Nervous. I just want to hurry and get it all over with. Someone said something about a tummy pillow. I forgot about that, I better be picking me one up too. Mine will be a TAH. I have never had surgery except for my tubal and that was a breeze. Although my bladder went to sleep because of the anesthesia and I had to wear a catheter for about 5 days. But recovery was quick. I know this will be much different, it IS major surgery. But most people told me the waiting was worse than any of it. So thats very encourageing. Goodluck to you. And God bless, Mikki Jo

Unread 03-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks Ladies

Hey Sisters,

Thanks so much for you encouraging words! You all are wonderful. In fact, I told my Dr. the last appt. that I had to refer all of his patients that are "waiting, already princesses, hormone queens, ect." that they MUST visit the site. He did take down the information. I told him how helpful and GREAT everyone was. Also told him how supportive all of you are. KUDO'S to all of you!

God Bless and be with!

((((Cheryl))))
Unread 03-12-2002, 11:09 PM
6 Days away......

Hi !! My TVH/BSO is also on the 18th. I am getting more nervous each day and can't sleep either. As a matter of fact , I am visiting this site at 2:30 am my time. I had my pre op appt at the hospital today and that was the hardest part for me. It is really happening now. Just wanted you to know that I totally understand how you feel. Best Wishes to you and hope we both , along with all the other sisters have a wonderful recovery and we can say afterwards " The waiting IS the worst part." One sister told me that she chants this over and over and tonight I have been saying it over and over --- The waiting is the worst part - The waiting is the worst part !!! I'll be thinking of all the sisters come Monday morning and hopefully will help me not feel so alone.
Maybe we can post afterwards to tell everyone how great we are doing !!!! GOOD LUCK !!!
Terri
Unread 03-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Hang in there!

Hey Terri,

I guess we will both make it reguardless if we don't think we will or not huh? I wish you the best of luck too. Had a total mental breakdown last night. DH got to hear me cry for a long time in my bathroom floor. (We started out fussing over DS homework!) I ended up falling to pieces. I guess I feel A LITTLE better this morning since all of the tears had been on hold and ready to boil. Please let me know when you can how yours went too! Good luck to you!

((((Cheryl))))
Unread 03-13-2002, 09:54 PM
6 Days away......

Hi Cheryl . Hope you are having a better day . I am trying to stay busy. I am ok during the day , it's at night when I an not doing anything and can think, that is my problem. I stopped by the doctor's office today to see if I could get something to help me relax or sleep and of course I had to talk with the one and only nurse I really don't care for. She said that the doctor doesn't give anything before surgery. I could tell by her actions that she was not sure about her answer because she kept looking at the receptionist for reasurance.
Any way , I didn't mean to ramble on , I just wanted to see how you were doing today. Hope you are feeling better . Hang in there , we've almost made it. I will be thinking of you come Monday , that way we won't be alone. You can e mail me directly if you need some support at kett@hsonline.net
Here's to our speedy recovery !!!!
Talk to you on the post side !!! Terri

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register