I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

Unread 03-12-2002, 03:42 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

I don't know if any of ya'll remember me, but I have been having increasing problems from the adeno and now, I'm having post-sex bleeding, severe lower back pain and the pain with sex has gotten to be just awful.. So, I have decided to go ahead with a hyst afterall.. It will probably be within the next 3 weeks, but I'm waiting on a call from the doctor so we can discuss it a little more.. Yesterday, I had my pap smear and I bled very badly from that, never had before, and it has me a bit worried.. So, for more than anything else, I'm going ahead with the hyst mainly for peace of mind... I was SO against it in January, but after having the MRI and finding out that I actually do have the adeno and now this weird bleeding, I just think it best to have my *failing* female parts out before they really turn sour on me, if you know what I mean.. I'm deathly afraid of something turning into cancer and even though I'll be keeping my ovaries, at least I won't have to worry anymore that something more serious might be going on with my uterus/cervix... I'll still be seeing my gyno twice a year to have my ovaries checked, as they keep making these stupid cysts.. So, remind me again how great I'm gonna feel after I heal up..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

Welcome back, Julie!

I know you've tried lots of other ideas...but remember that whatever you decide, we're all (still) here to help you every step of the way.

Karen
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:38 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

Thanks, Karen! I think that this time around, what with this new wierd bleeding and all, that I'm just so done worrying and need peace of mind... How are you feeling these days?

Big s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Welcome back Julie

Hi there Julie

This being your "decision" I would like to offer my support and some 's . I know this is a tough choice to make and we all seem to have had our "breaking point" that helped us all decide.

I also had Adeno and my periods and whacky bleeding and MOSTLY my pain made my choice for me.

I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us updated on your hyster and just how your doing in general.

Take care
Michele
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Shell 66, can I ask you a question or 2?

Since you have had adeno, did your symptoms include low back or hip pain(I have both)and did you ever experience post-sex bleeding? If so, did they contribute this to the adeno or was something going on with your cervix? I haven't gotten my pap results back, yet, but I'm a little freaked at the amount of bleeding I had just from the pap smear.. =/ Thanks for your support! It means a lot to me! Also, are you happy that you had the hyster? Any regrets?

s
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:33 PM
happy to answer

Hi again Julie

My symptoms from Adenomyosis were, lower back pain, upper leg cramping, severe cramping. passing huge clots. erregualr periods, heavy heavy bleeding. And OMG some serious bloating!!

I did have spotting after sex. My cervix was covered with high level dysplasia. A pre cancer i was told. It was swollen much of the time and I had a lot of pressure in there.

I have no regrets having my hyster. Don't get me wrong. I would have liked to go out gracefuly one day with menopause. I am thankful though I am pain free now. My life no longer revolves around my periods and pain

Any time you have questions, I'm more than happy to try and help if i can

Take care
Michele
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:34 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

Hi Julie, I had a tah/bso in Jan, had alot of the same symptoms as you. Painful sex, bleeding afterwards, hurt in my lower back all the time and in my hip, I also started spotting after a pap smear, or for that matter, just having the speculum (sp) put in. I didn't have any problems that I knew about with my cervix. Did find out after the hyster that I had adeno. I don't regret it a bit, actually wish I had done it a little sooner. Good luck in whatever you decide!
Unread 03-12-2002, 11:37 PM
I'm baaaaaaaaack.. =oP

Welcome Back Julie
I remember back when you decided not to have the Hyst, I am glad that you have tried other things, and I am sure especially with these other things happening that you are making the right decision. We will be here for you every step of the way.
Take Care

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register