New, young, and nervous | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, young, and nervous New, young, and nervous

Unread 03-12-2002, 04:43 PM
New, young, and nervous

Hi all,

I am only 25 years old and am having a hyst at the end of May...my problems have been long and many, and believe me when i say i have been EVERYWHERE with it and tried ALL conservative measures, many more than once.

I am hoping to find anyone out there who also had/is having a hyst at a really young age like me...because it is all really alienating since most resources are geared toward these "middle aged" women (nothing against them!) and nothing really mentions people like me. My sister had a hyst at 31 and my cousin at 28, but other than that i haven't found anyone.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 04:53 PM
New, young, and nervous

I'm 35 and have tried everything else too. Maybe not quite as young as you were looking for, but my mom did wonder if my doc tried to talk me out of it on account of my age. (She didn't.)

It's a difficult experience no matter what, I think. I'm pretty stressed, but I do believe it's the right thing to do. I don't know exactly what my life will look like afterwards, but I know it will be better than this.

Good luck!

Melissa
Unread 03-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Welcome to hystersisters :)

Hi there uterless

I am sorry you have so much to go threw and so young. I am 35 which seems not very old either. At least to me However, I have met quite a few women here in there 20's. I hope they see your post and give you some supportive words and .

You have come to an awesome site with tons of wonderful support. Maybe think about coming into the HS chat room. Lots of women in there of all ages "encluding 20's" that have lots of support. It is a great place to get your story out and ask questions. "women helping women" thats what its all about here. Not to mention it can be fun to.

Take care and hope you keep us updated on how your doing

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 07:54 AM
Hello

Hi there. I will be having my hyst 4 days after I turn 26. I know this is the right decision for me. I got two medical opinions then prayed really hard about what I was suppossed to do. I too have had many problems, although I just recently found out that it isn't normal to be in pain 24/7. (Imagine my surprise!!)

I'm here if you want to talk. I may not know everything that you are going through, but I do know about some of it and I am as young as you.
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:20 AM
New, young, and nervous

Hello ((((UTERLESS)))) 's. I had a TVH done on 10-23-01 at the age of 25. There are not very many women our age that have had them done. I know for me it was the right choice.
Hystersisters is a GREAT place to find support and information. The sisters here are great and are always willing to answer questions and lend a sholder to cry on when needed. You did not say whay type of hyst you are going to have or what the reason for the hyst is. There are lots of ladies here with fibroids, endo, adendo and cancer. They are a wealth of information and can offer support in thoes areas. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!!! We are all here for you. Shell66 mentioned the chat room. There you can talk real time with ladies who are awaiting surgery as well as thoes of us who have already had surgery. It is a great place to come and vent, ask questions and always get a GOOD laugh. I hope to talk to you soon. Best wishes!!
Angela/ AngRed1
chat Aka: Fleyitch71
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:28 AM
New, young, and nervous

I am 28 and will be having TVH on 4/23. I feel young as well, almost too young to be having this surgery, but am confident that this is the way to treat me so I can be pain free (hopefully). I have microscopic endometriosis and all other treatments have failed. I wish you lots of luck with your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Amy
Unread 03-13-2002, 10:30 AM
New, young, and nervous

I was 28, with no kids, when I had my TAH. I knew it was the right decision for me, but I was amazed at the number of people, including total strangers, who decided it was their mission to try to talk me out of it. If I heard one more person say, "But you're SO young, you need to have kids!", I think I would have strangled them!

Anyway, there are quite a few of us here who had this done in our 20's, and ALL the women here are so wonderful and supportive. I'm very glad you're here, and know that you will receive as much support and assistance as I did.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register