two weeks to go I am scared | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two weeks to go I am scared two weeks to go I am scared

Unread 03-12-2002, 07:37 PM
two weeks to go I am scared

I have had surgery before, and it really did not scare me too much. I am physically very ready for my hyst. scheduled for March 27th. Emotionally I am not really ready. It is supposed to be an LAVH/BSO. My utterus is vey high so he is not sure he can do it vaginally. What do I need to take to the hospital for a two night stay any suggestions. What can i expect during recovery. Wow this is too long sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 09:24 PM
great link right here

Hi there Vanessa

Here is an awesome link right here from hystersisters. It is for LIW = Ladies in waiting

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

This link wil give you tons of great ideas with your pre op questions, what to take to the castle, what to ask pre op and things that are common to expect post op even. Things Dr's do not take the time to answer to often.

Your fear is understandable. This surgery is not like any other. It is very personal for women. It is saying good-bye to all you have known for so long. Please try to see this as "An End to a new beggining" a pain free life. A healthy and possitive outlook is one of the keys to a healthy recovery. Being nervous comes with the package unfortunatly. Remember you have all your sisters here with you in our prayers and spirit!!!

Please keep us updated on how your doing. Any questions no matter what they are keep up the posting. We are all here to help each other get threw the tuff times. Share the joys tears and fears.

Take care & big 's

Michele

PS: your post was fine. not to long mine is!!! hehe
Unread 03-13-2002, 10:43 AM
two weeks to go I am scared

vanessa,

I to am booked for surgery on 26th march about 2 weeks. This is my first posting on boards. I reckon all you need to take is nighties, dressing gown, slippers, toothbrush and paste, s.gel flannel, towel, sanitary towels, any medicines your on, mints to freshen your mouth, facial water spray,light book earplugs in case you have noisy room mates.
Where abouts do you live and do you have any children.

Don't worry to much,
Jasper xxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Hospital stay

Hi! Just read your post. I had my TAH/BSO five months ago. Try not to be scared. It's really not that bad. I was back to work in four weeks. The first night is the worst. After that you'll start to mend quickly. Enjoy the TLC from family and friends ) Make sure to take your own nice soft down pillow or whatever you use. It makes a big difference. Hospital pillows are notoriously uncomfortable. Take your own kleenex too. Theirs is not very soft. Take some good magazines to read. Take something to put your hair up if you have long hair. TAKE SOME MAKEUP!! Looking better helps you feel better. I got up the morning after surgery - brushed my teeth, washed up, put my hair up, and put on makeup. My doc couldn't believe it when he came to see me and my husband was thrilled to see me looking so well after how I looked when he left the hosp. the night before! If you have any questions, email me at Maggie44@aol.com. Good luck sis

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register