Surgery Canceled for 3rd time - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Surgery Canceled for 3rd time Surgery Canceled for 3rd time

Unread 03-13-2002, 02:41 PM
dawn and cathy/update on me

I came back in momentarily to see what replies i got on this thread.

You haven't seen replies telling me to give up because it was sent to me privately by somone on the site.

I know you are only trying to be supportive,but to say to someone to give up and work on other issues, i especially would not say to someone,knowing the emotional state they might be in. Who is to say healthcare system is right.?

My risks for that matter are not that big of a concern,they basically are just chicken..
But, i would not say to someone,rather privately on email or on site to just give up,given not knowing the overall situation,especially if i knew that something i said would be to their detriment.
Dawn I understand what and where you are coming from about canceling at the last minute. I work in the healthcare system and i know how it works and how billings work..No you haven't seen any because they never came through site,only to my private email.
My decision to do whatever will forever remain with me. I have reached a point,not because of this totally rude email i got telling me to give up and just forget it and listen to the doctors around me,but because this is my decision.
I appreciate your support,and hope that there are other women out there whom you can support.
Lydia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Surgery Canceled for 3rd time

Hi Lydia, I will reply here instead of replying to your email to me.

My email to you encouraged you to take care of your other health needs in order to be able to be risk free to have your surgery. To assume I would encourage anyone to stop fighting isn't correct....for to know *me* you would know I too am a fighter. I'm a distance "runner"......not the sprinter.

I was encouraging you to be a smart fighter....using your energy to prepare for better health and as risk free of a surgery as you can have...to satisfy the many doctors, hospitals and insurance people that have cancelled and turned you down. (To fight them takes energy that you *need* to get as well/healthy as possible...conserve resources for the long haul makes better sense, don't you think?)

You have, yourself, said that the doctors and insurance say you aren't a good risk right now for several reasons. Its important to use your energy to fight for better health....to prepare for the day they approve your surgery based on lower risk factors.

And again, I pray for you healthier tomorrows....and all pain free days.
Unread 03-13-2002, 03:49 PM

Hi Lydia!

I'm offering a prayer and positive thoughts for you and your health and that God will guide you to the people and situations that will be to your utmost benefit.

A big

Your sister,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 05:12 PM
I am appauled

Kathy:

Yes, fine i am glad you are a sprinter. Like i said we fight in our own ways. My way of fighting is completely different from anyone elses.

I am happy you are a sprinter..maybe for various reasons everyone can't be a sprinter like yourself.,that is something to take into consideration. Like i say, I am appauled. Appauled at the fact someone would even question the fact that i am going to another state to seek care, does that make a difference in your life and does it matter? it shouldn't as it is my decision and not the person next door. Why would these programs exist if people didn't need aide or assistance.

I basically got the impression from you to stop fighting the system. LIke i said,,that is the impression i got. I know what i need to use my energies for. and i decide what and when and how i will use my energies,no one else decides for me. YOu may use your energies to assist you in your training to be a distance runner..That is you,that is your decision., I assume you have good knees, fine? i am happy for you in that aspect also. Me, i am a runner too,but a runner in a different race that is not physical. That is what keeps me going and that is what i am using my energies toward. Conserve energies for what long haul?
I don't think so... And how are you defining *fight*..we fight in our own ways..Like i said my *fight* is a fight only certain people would understand,a deep devotion and determination.
I will use my energies in the way i see fit,and you use your energies in the way that will help you in your quote unquote, distance runner.
I am usually not one to speak in this manner. But, i think this is as far as it will go. ,end of discussion.
Like i say this is as far as it goes. I fight my way and the way i want to use my energies,whether i decide to fight now or take some time off,too that is my decision. And you and others fight with your energies the way that is most beneficial for you.
Lydia
Unread 03-13-2002, 06:10 PM

And since you have misunderstood me again, let me explain (since the last time I ran, it was up the stairs in the mall to find a good sale )

I meant in the metaphor sense that I'm a "long distance runner" and *not* a sprinter. I mean that I attempt to pace myself for the long haul in difficult situations.

I hope you find your solution to your health issues and feel better soon.

As I've said with each reply, I pray for you good health and pain free days.

And now...at your request, end of discussion.
Closed Thread

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register