Denied !!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:44 PM
Denied !!!!!

Hi Ladies ..I was scheduled to have my hysterectomy done next wed the 20th and just found out today that the insurance company DENIED me. I am so upset all I have done since finding this out is cry. I dont know what else to do I am at my wits end here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 08:16 AM
Denied !!!!!

Oh Renee, I'm so sorry you had to go through this

Since I do not live in the US, I do not have any experience to offer regarding insurance and how to deal with them. I'm sure someone will come along real soon with some tips on how to deal with the insurance companies.

You might also want to check into the Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

Wishing you the best of luck and hoping that you find your way to a healtier you very soon.

Unread 03-14-2002, 08:31 AM
Denied !!!!!

Hi Renee,

Same thing happened to me. The doctor's office said they'd handle it, but did not do anything. What I did do was fax a letter to the insurance company for a quick reconsideration because the date was fast approaching. I told them all of my medical problems and said that it was not a life or death situation, but was a medical problem and quality of life problem. I also told them my doctor and my primary care provider saw the need for this and I would go to the attorney general if necessary. They assigned one of their doctors to review the case and he called me within 2 days. As it turned out, the only reason they denied it was because they did not have enough information from the doctor's office and their calls had not been returned. I went in to see the doctor that day and he had no idea it had been denied (good office staff) while I was sitting there he faxed all the info. with a letter and did not charge me for the office visit. Whithin 2 hours they called me with a reversal. I also have a friend who is a gyno. and she said those companies have to deny so many for some reason. So, call and send a letter and do what you have to do and don't count on the doctor's office staff to do it.

The day before my surgery I called the insurance company to check on it and they told me it had been denied again. I was so mad I wanted to scream. Then later that day I received a certified letter from my insurance company telling me it was approved. It was such a horrible experience and most of it was because of incompetent office staff at the doctor and at the insurance company....

Good luck and don't give up!

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Denied !!!!!

Hi, Angelwings2002,

I'm sorry about the denial, and can only imagine the stress involved. Please ask your doctor's office to call the insurance company. They may be able to straighten things out for you.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 03-14-2002, 01:12 PM
Denied !!!!!

I feel you pain. Why did they refuse you? Do you needed a 2 doctor? ASk question why and find out who said no and can you go higher Is their physician review on your case. Is the person you talking with a medical person or can you talk with possible a nurse or physician ask question. You are in my prayers I geiving you a hug of peace and strenght
Unread 03-14-2002, 03:25 PM
Denied !!!!!

I am so sorry you were denied. Insurance companies write denials and you have 30 days to appeal. Please have your doctor write a letter stating the necessity. Send it certified to your insurance company.

Make sure you cc: the bottom to your state dept. of insurance and that way your insurance co. will know you feel serious about this and are having the state investigate.

Then send the state ins. a note and ask them to investigate why they won't cover this. Include all copies that you send to your medical insurance.

Many times you will hear from your insurance co. that this was an oversight and they will cover it.
I was told years ago there are a lot of denials and when people appeal, many times they will cover it.

I do not if this will help. I am not a professional - this is my own personal opinion.
Before kids - I did work at insurance companies.

Take care and good luck, Kathy
Unread 03-15-2002, 05:45 AM
Denied !!!!!

I am so sorry for you....that is my biggest fear! I do not have a date set, I see my doctor on 4-2....like this isn't a big decision for us anyway, I just don't understand why insurance companies have the right to tell us what is best for our bodies! I think they should come to this site and see what us sisters go through!!
My prayers are with you!
Unread 03-15-2002, 05:54 AM
Thank you

Thanks,I am still waiting for a reply from my insurance company. I dont think my letter will change their minds but at least I know I tried.
Unread 03-15-2002, 08:12 AM
Hope it all works out

Renee, I sure hope it all works out for you. It must be horrible. My surgery date is Wednesday so I am getting nervous. My insurance deductible was very high. My husband is selfemployed so we had just recently gotten some new insurance. I decided then to get a higher deductible and then lower it later. That was a bad mistake. I can change it later, but not now. So I will be paying for most or all of it myself. Since I'm paying myself, the Dr cut his bill in half, because he wants me to have surgery as soon as possible. And I explained things to the anesthesioligist and they said I could pay them 120 $ for now and see what all my insurance will pay. And the hospital is going to let me pay a couple hundred and make a payment plan for me. So maybe this could be an option for you if nothing else. My dr was adamant about having my surgery as soon as possible, he scheduled within 13 days from my visit with him. But I think he has some concerns and thats one reason he is helping me out. But you never know your dr may do the same. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
's
Unread 03-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Bless you

Bless you for posting, and Cindy and others for advising. You've helped so many people today. Also, you will be blessed through this trial although it doesn't feel that way (at all).

We love you and are all praying for you. Keep at them.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register