Got my Date!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my Date!! Got my Date!!

Unread 03-13-2002, 04:41 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi all of you great ladies,
After 12 days of waiting, I finally got my date with the Castle. It is April 12. My husband called the doctor yesterday and asked why was it taking so long to schedule my surgery. They immediately gave him the date. Isn't that sad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 04:54 AM
Be here quick

Sungrl,

That day will be here faster than you think. I waited 3 months after the Dr said lets do it. That day is tomorrow the 14. The waiting is over. Make sure you know everything you want to know. All will be fine.
Unread 03-13-2002, 05:07 AM
Got my Date!!

O, wow, Bpearl I wish you good luck! Many s and do not go over to the Post-op side until you give us update on how was your surgery and what is your recovery like.
I'll be thinking of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 06:04 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi Sungrl!

It's great that you got a date! Mentally makes you feel a lot better to know when your pain is going to finally end! (well, except for recovery!) Are you having abdominal or vaginal?

Only 6 days left for me !! YEAHHHHH!!!

Keep us updated!
Gina
:smokin:
Unread 03-13-2002, 06:37 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi Gina,
It will be laparoscopyc vaginal so I will have three tiny incisions which will disappear very fast (I had laparoscopy a year ago and you can't tell any more I had any incisions). My ovaries and cervix will go as well. Doc sad she will put me on hrt pills as soon as I start on solid food. I am looking forward to surgery because it will be my escape to normal life. This is becoming unbearable, because I have become a disabled person. I am slim, energetic, and always busy doing something. Lately I have became a couch potato, my walk is little awkward because i have to make steps carefully otherwise my abdomen hurts. I feel that my family is suffering and I am not the same person. I want my self back and that's what makes me happy about my surgery date.
Why are you having your surgery, Gina?
I wish you good luck and fast recovery!
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi Sungrl,

I too am scheduled for a Lap Vag hyst on 3/27/02!!! Hopefully this one will fly!!! I was originally scheduled in February, however, my doctor had to cancel due to an accident. What a nightmare this has been switching to her associate and starting over!

The good news is he is very positive about this newer technique, less pain, less risk to other nearby parts, quicker recovery. This is not our mothers hysterectomy that is for sure.

Hope all goes well for you in April, I will be happily post op and back crusing the boards, please let us know when you get home!

Wishing you all the best in your recovery!
Unread 03-13-2002, 09:01 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi Dianna,
Thanks for your best wishes!
You will have the experience first, so please keep me posted. At this time, I am not even thinking about any fears. I will probably feel butterflies towards the end.
I wish you good luck!
Unread 03-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi ladies,
I also have a date for supracervical hyst, on march 26th.
very nervous.Am going to castle thursday 21st pre op assesment.
I think hystersisters site is great. Any other ladies due for surgery on 26th march, let me know.

love and hugs to all ladies in waiting,

jasper xxxxx
Unread 03-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Got my Date!!

Hi Nela!

Why am I having my surg.? Why am I not having my surg is a better question!!

Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, tons of adhesions and vericose veins all over the ol' uterus (is this also pelvic congestive syndrome?)

I know what you mean about feeling bad...I never feel good anymore and walk like a 90 year old woman sometimes! Everyone says I will feel soooo much better once I get healed up...boy, I hope so!!

Keep us updated on your progress!
Lots of s

Gina
:smokin:
Unread 03-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Got my Date!!

Hi Gina,
Vericose veins can sometimes give you a headache even after hyst. I have taken care of mine with the procedure called vericose veins embolization. It is a non-invasive procedure and comparing to everything else, easy like a breeze.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register