Starting to Freak, lol | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to Freak, lol Starting to Freak, lol

Unread 03-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Starting to Freak, lol

Hi girls,

I love coming here to read everyones posts. I have recieved so much great information and seen so much genuine friendship. Its great.
My surgery is only 8 days away and Iam really getting nervous. My Dr is talking about switching from a TVH/BSO to a TAH/BSO, because its so important for the ovaries to come out. I'll find out on friday. I really don't have any questions for anyone. Iam just fealing anxious and freaked and thought this is the best place to go for support. Thanks for letting me ramble .

Bye for now
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Starting to Freak, lol

Hi Debbie, I didn't really have a choice between TAH or TVH. My doctor said my uterus was too big to do a TVH so I was always going to have the TAH. Once my surgery got underway, it was discovered that I had tons of endo that needed cleaning out. He said he wouldn't have been able to do that vaginally. I had staples in for one week, which were really no bother at all. (No, they don't hurt to take them out). And now a year later, my scar is very small and really not very visible. Come in anytime to ramble. I thinkanxiousness is the name of the game at this point. Take care!
Unread 03-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Starting to Freak, lol

Debbie,
Just take a deep breath and exhale out! relax...I know how you are feeling just think of it this way. If you are in as much pain as I have been in this surgery will be a blessing and you will be pain free!!!! I look forward to my surgery but I have t be honest I am sure the closer my date gets the more freaked I will become but I know that God will be with me and take care of me and hes there to listen. I will be praying for you! take care
Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Starting to Freak, lol

Hi Debbie. I'm sorry you are feeling freaked -- I had my moments, too, in the days leading up to my TAH. Nice deep breaths and positive thoughts and prayers. All will be well. I'm now 4 weeks out and though far from being back up to speed, am so glad I finally took the leap. I had to have TAH since fibroids and uterus were so large. You'll be posting back after you've been to the Castle, and you'll be doing fine! Will keep you in my thoughts.
Unread 03-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Starting to Freak, lol

Hi ! My TVH/BSO is on 3-18 so I understand what you are going through. I was pretty good until my pre op visit yesterday and then I felt like crying all day and I can't sleep at all. I have received so many comforting words here and want to send you some also. Every one tells us that the waiting is the worst and I am trying to believe that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best Wishes to you,
Terri

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register