I'm Home and Happy to be!! SAMAGLIANO | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Home and Happy to be!! SAMAGLIANO I'm Home and Happy to be!! SAMAGLIANO

Unread 03-13-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm Home and Happy to be!! SAMAGLIANO

Hey ladies, I made it... I'm finally home, and so happy to be... The surgeries went well, my castle visit on the other hand was a disaster. Nurses from hell! Even the cookies didn't help. :confuse: I think they were confused on which to treat, the bladder surgery or the hyst. So they didn't do either... Oh well, I'm home and in the care of my wonderful dh. He has been great considering the mess of my leaky folley that came home with me. But that is now gone so I hope to move a little better now.

The details.... Surgery was Thursday they were late so it didn't start until 12:30, once that coolness went into my arm I fadded to black. Woke up 4 hours later in the recovery room. Nurse was diligent to get my pain under control quickly... Then got the magic morphine machine and clicked happily to sleep. Had roomates from hell. Nurses who didn't want to help me, I had to ask for things, come up with solutions to some problems. We even had to listen to them argue with a doctor about my release instructions. Since I would be going home with a super pubic cathetor, they didn't want to do the training.... Anyway, the pump went away on Saturday evening, and on Sunday Morning I came home. Even the cleaning lady was stripping the bed before I even left the room....... I don't get it.

Thanks for everything, and I hope to be in chat soon.... Just being a good princess for now.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 02:46 PM

's I am so sorry your castle visit didn't go well. The nurses were awful when I was in the castle too, so I can relate. Now that you are home hopefully everything will get better. I have been thinking about you and watching for you to post. I am glad you are home. Miss you in chat, but don't come in until you are up to it or you know what will happen
Unread 03-13-2002, 07:04 PM

WOW!!! What an experience! I'm glad you got home and have a wonderful DH to be with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 12:16 AM

Welcome Home Susie
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience in the Castle, but I am glad that you are home now, and being taken care of properly by your DH.
Remember to get lots of and be a good little Princess.
We miss you in Chat, but like DJ said don't come back until you are able.
Sisterly Love
Unread 03-14-2002, 12:29 AM
Welcome Home

So glad that you made it and are now home into the loving care of your DH. I am sorry that you were not treated well and I hope that you let them know how you felt about it all.
I to had a foley cath and a supra pubic cath, the supra was way better in my opinion, much easier to clamp than have to take out the foley and have it re inserted.
Now rest well and look after yourself. Tell DH he is doing a great job. Keep us posted. Hugs Vicki
Unread 03-14-2002, 02:59 AM
Welcome home

Susie

Sorry to hear that your hospital stay left a lot to be desired. Good to hear you are home and glad to be.

From here on in, it just gets better and better each day. Wasn't the waiting just the worst part?

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery. See you in chat when you are up to it. Remember all your princess training.

Regards
Gail
Unread 03-14-2002, 04:03 AM

(((((((Susie))))))))) So glad you're home and doing well. Sorry your castle stay was the pits though. Are you sure you didn't book a room in the moat instead of the Princess Suite?

You take care of yourself and let your friends and family pamper you. If people offer to help you, the word "no" is NOT an optional answer.

We sure miss you in chat and can't wait to see you but remember, sitting is an activity and you will be timed when in chat. lol Take care Sweetie.

s and love.

Kim
Unread 03-14-2002, 06:38 AM
HI

Just saw your post after I emailed you. Sorry to hear your castle stay wasn't the best. I know what you mean with some of it. If I didn't watch the clock & call for pain meds I wasn't given any. I'm glad you're home & doing well, look forward to seeing you in chat. Barb
Unread 03-14-2002, 06:50 AM

Glad that you are home and better.

Reading your post of your hospital experience makes me wonder how mine will be. I go in 4 days....March 18. TAH-RSO possible both ovaries. Vertical incision. (see pre-op hysterectomy as subject in pre-op under cosmocyndi)

I'm thinking although I don't know you....if you and all the other castle princesses can do it....so can I!

Best of luck to you and take it easy now and don't push yourself. You have had alot done!

cosmocyndi
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:22 AM
Glad our home!

So sorry your castle stay stunk but glad your home. Be sure and get plenty of rest and take care of yourself. Blessings to you, In Christ, Mikki Jo

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register