Count Down.....6 days to go!!! Jittery..Anxious..Nervous..Pshychotic!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Count Down.....6 days to go!!! Jittery..Anxious..Nervous..Pshychotic!! Count Down.....6 days to go!!! Jittery..Anxious..Nervous..Pshychotic!!

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:11 AM
Count Down.....6 days to go!!! Jittery..Anxious..Nervous..Pshychotic!!

Hi all! Only 6 days to go. At first I was a little jittery, then I was somewhat anxious, yesterday I was very nervous, today, well, I'm experiencing a bit of Pshycosis. I'm PSHYCHOTIC! LOL My thoughts are going a mile a minute. I want to make sure I tell everyone what needs to be said, and leave a letter for each one of my children. Make sure I leave a note somewhere to let them know who gets what piece of jewelry, on and on and on. Just in case, I don't want to leave anything undone. I'm really nervous, but I think I'm more worried about leaving something unsaid ect., more than I am actually leaving this earth.lol I hope I'm not the only one that has experienced this. I do have some worries about the anesthesia. I have only been given anesthesia twice for surgery and each time my blood pressure drops and I quit breathing. Go figure.... , so that makes me a little uneasy. They haven't ever seemed to have a problem of making sure I don't have one of those out of body experiences, lol. I mean, they took care of it each time. The dr never seemed majorly concerned. He said my blood pressure runs really low anyway, and that could be the cause of it. I have been very careful about getting around sick people, making sure I don't let any kind of infection sneak up to interfere with my recovery. Then yesterday I went to get my nails filled in and after the little guy got done I went to was my hands and came back to sit down for a french polish and he had taken his mask off and he had a big sore on his mouth and his lip, it looked like a staph infection to me. So that has worried me to death! Will they even let me wear nails in surgery? I know they say no polish, I can take that off event tho its only a french polish you can still see through to my natural nail. I am so sorry.... Boy my mind is really traveling isn't it? LOL I love you all so much, you have been so very helpful to me. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:23 AM

(((((Mikki Jo)))))))

Relax, hun. It is normal to feel nervous, anxious, scared, and all those other feelings prior to surgery. And with your history, I can certainly understand your fears. When the anesthesiologist comes in to see you just before you have the surgery, it may help you relax a little if you tell her/him about what happened the last two times so that s/he will be even more aware of how you are doing while asleep.

OR...have you considered having an epidural or spinal and staying awake during this surgery? I had general for mine, but others have had either epidurals or spinals and really liked that way. Something you might want to call your dr about now since surgery is so soon if you think this might be a good way for you.

I kept my nails during surgery and just wore clear nail polish over them. The colored polish keeps the pulse ox from being able to get a reading.

Good luck with everything.
Pam
Unread 03-14-2002, 06:25 AM

HI! I am 39 2 kids....my surgery is March 18th. We are both feeling the same way, it sounds!

We will be just fine. I am going nuts just like you!

I'm not sure about the nails. I am a cosmetologist and I've know people to come in and get them off because they are having surgery. I'm not sure if the Dr.'s can see your skin under the acrylic...that's why no polish. They check your color by your nails.
(At least this is what I've been told.)

I have a post too......pre-op hysterectomy
cosmocyndi.

Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:28 AM
Mikki!

Hey there, Sis. If you are having all these feelings (which are completely normal), why not ask doc for something to help with it? What about our pal Traz?? LOL

Things wil be just fine. I see a lot of posts on here that are similiar to yours. You won't die during the procedure. I have complete faith in god, and he won't let anything happen to you

I often think about sitting down and writting the specifics as well (who gets what, who gets this and that)... but I dismiss it and the feeling goes away. Its natural to have the feeligns you are having before any type of surgery. I was a mess before my 2 laps, thought I was not going to wake up after the surgery. I even kissed dh and told him to not stay single should I die (this was right before the surgery while in holding area). Well, I'm here!

As far as the nails, I know most the time they don't like you to be wearing any polish, but not sure about the acrylics. You might wanna make sure to ask about this prior to you going to castle.

You don't have long to go...... than you will be a beautiful

big 's

Sista Amy
Unread 03-14-2002, 06:32 AM

Yes, cosmocyndi, they do check your color at the nails, but they can also check it at your fingertips or toes. They press down, release quickly, and watch to see how quickly the color returns - lets them know about blood return.

From what I gather, it's still debatable if the pulse ox is able to "do it's job" through the acrylic and some drs or hospitals may be under the impression that the nails get in the way & not allow them. But I think most are getting with the program and learning that acrylic is ok. Might just want to call your hospital first and find out if they allow them.
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:02 AM
You gals are great

Thanks so much! It's always so good to hear from my hystersisters. You really do feel like my second family. I am so looking forward to getting this over with. And I'm glad I'm getting it done before really nice weather starts here in Indiana. It's been kinda nice out the past couple of days. I am worried about my grades in school. The Instructors did say they would help me out. Im worried about when I can go back. I think they said I could drive in 2 weeks, but I needed to stay home for 6 weeks. I dont see a problem with going back to school after a couple weeks but my darn book bag is pretty heavy. I majored in Human Services, I will be a Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counselor. I could use a Counselor right now. LOL I would like to be a therapist, but I don't know if I make myself go to school that extra 2 years. 4 years will be long enough. I am excited about buying me some new underwear, just think, that MONTHLY MANIAC wont be able to stain my new panties. NO MORE STAINED PANTIES..... YEH!!!!!

TAH and possible BSO with bladder tuck

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register