Uterine Prolapse with Pain - Help | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Prolapse with Pain - Help Uterine Prolapse with Pain - Help

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Uterine Prolapse with Pain - Help

I will be having TVH, Bladder Sling, A&P Repair on Monday. Since I finally wnet to the Dr. 5 weeks ago (when I was told I needed surgery), I have been having pretty bad pains. There is a sharp pain in my right side which sometimes spreads across my abdomen above the pubic area. Also pain in rectal area and also when urinating, and a backache. Is all this normal with prolapse? It is getting hard to sit, walk or stand. with the fullness I feel in the pelvic area. The prolapse is pretty severe unless I am laying down.

I have also suffered for many many years with my periods. They are very painful ( to the point of making me throw up and sometimes it's incredibly hard to even stand up), very heavy with clotting and last forever!

It just seems to be getting more & more painful each day. I can't wait for Monday!

Has anyone else had these types of pain with prolapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 07:02 PM

Hi LeAnne,

While I didn't have pain to the extent that you have described (almost unable to walk), I did have alot of discomfort, and a constant feeling of fullness.

I also had a backache, pain in the lower abdominal area, and rectal pain. Have you discussed this with your doctor to be sure that it's all related to your prolapses? If you haven't, you might want to call them tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

I'm glad your surgery is soon - once I healed, I felt so much better. Please let us know how you are.

's

Karen
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:34 PM

Hi LeAnne - I've had prolapse for the past 7 or 8 years now. Just found out a couple of weeks ago that it was time for hysterectomy. I get occasional quick pains at different times. The past year or so I've noticed that I urinate slowly and not a stream anymore. It sometimes feels like I'm carrying a brick around in there! LOL Had my pre-op and ultrasound today - having surgery April 2. I was a nervous wreck when I found out but then I stumbled onto this site and feel much better about it. I think we won't realize how uncomfortable things have become until after surgery. I'm sure we don't remember what it's like to feel normal there. Write to me anytime. Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 07:46 PM

LeAnne, I'm having the same exact procedures done the day after yours. I'm not in the pain that you are but I just wanted to let you know that I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck!
Unread 03-14-2002, 08:24 PM

Hi Leanne-- Yes, Yes, and YES! Mine actually got so bad that I thought I had a sciatiac nerve problem as well. Pain down legs, back, that constant feeling like a babies head was in the birth canal. What you are going through is part of prolapse. I am happy to report after the hyst all that disappeared. I did have a problem with my hip after surgery for 5 months but that was related to the leg being in an unusual position during surgery. I also had the grocery store repair (A&P) and I will tell you the repair work was much harder than the hyst. I am telling you this because I prepared for the hyst. but not the repairs. Put me on your buddy list stheroadrunner and if you have any questions please feel free to email me or to IM me and I will help you in any way I can. There IS LIFE after prolapse. Best of luck to you and please stop in the chat room and visit with us.
Unread 03-15-2002, 02:39 PM

Me, too ... in fact, just posted that I visited my colorectal surgeon today. He and my gyno surgeon are working together on me. My cervix is causing me alot of pain when I go to the bathroom, as it's "on its way South."

I find it very hard to wait until it's out of there ... many times due to the wait-mares, but my HysterSisters pull me through those ... right now it's knowing that I'll just have to live in a bit of pain for a bit longer.

It's weird, though, that my rectocele was my only discomfort symptom (more inconvenient than anything) when I started to seek all the help ... and that, since starting to get help in January, the prolapse that had been mild for years is really progressing! Maybe even our panic-induced action is God-inspired, and in His timing.
Unread 03-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Hi!

I'm 6 wks. post-op from having a TVH with A&P repair for severe prolapse.

I had some form of prolapse for 81/2 yrs. It really started getting bad about 2 yrs. ago and really bad this past Nov., hence the TVH! I had terrible, terrible lower back pain that went all the way into my tailbone. I was literally hanging out when I stood up and it always felt like I was sitting on a ball! Whenever I picked up anything heavy, my prolapse would bulge way out! It was terrible and I always felt awful.

It is so true that it takes longer to heal if you've had an A&P repair. At least it did for me, compared to others who just had a TVH with nothing else.

I will tell you, I am finally feeling so good!! It is so wonderful not to have the pain and all that stuff hanging out!

I will be thinking of you on Monday! Take care and let us know how you do!

From a fellow prolapse sufferer-

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register