Bumps on the net....problems on the site today... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bumps on the net....problems on the site today... Bumps on the net....problems on the site today...

Unread 03-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Bumps on the net....problems on the site today...

Hi gals,
Today was a tough day on the internet for our site. Our site is organized around a database (a huge huge monster of a database) and today the database went quirky on us.

And so, at some moment in time...when some guests were registering to be members..... and when some members were posting new threads...and when some members were replying to threads...the site came to a stand still giving everyone who was visiting the site an "error" message.

I spent the better part of the afternoon locating tech support, working on it, thinking it was fixed and then finding more problems.

We are back up now...and have a bit more tweaking to go to be fully functional....upgrading some faulty software on the server and such, but we are working! YAY!

So, if you see funny things like: posts without text, no replies for a post and yet they appear....it was caused by this moment in time with the database went quirky and hopefully we will be able to iron out the wrinkles in no time.

Thanks for your patience....

PS..If you posted today and can't find your post....please post it again. If you replied and its not there...reply again. We can't control the bumps on the net 100% of the time so please forgive us for the bump and quirks of today on the site Of course, it was unintentional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 04:37 AM
I understand

Hey Kathy,

Hang in there sister. We our an ISP in our home town and have had a few "outages" ourselves. Know where you are coming from and the complications that can occur over the most simple things that turn wrong turn into a disaster! Although I felt total withdrawls yesterday.... (Being only 3 days LIW!) I managed to survive and so did everyone else. Thanks for providing us with such a wonderful outlet. If this place wasn't here, I would be totally :confuse:
So two !

((((Cheryl))))

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register