It's scheduled! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's scheduled! It's scheduled!

Unread 03-15-2002, 08:05 AM
It's scheduled!

Well, my Sister's,
I have officially moved out of the "Lady in Limbo" rank to "Lady in Waiting"!
I have been shaking since I talked to the Dr's office yesterday and going in and out of tears. On one hand it means an end to years and years of terrible pain. On the other, it is a definitive end to ever having another baby. I do KNOW that my body has prevented conceiving another child and my chances of ever getting pregnant is "0". But there is that lingering thought of "what if". I just keep taking deep breaths and am concentrating on feeling my current cramping to remind me of this necessity.
Please tell me how you all dealt with these mixed emotions! I know I will make it through though today will not be easy!

Taking another deep breath,
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:30 AM
It's scheduled!

Hi Deb

I had the same "what if" thoughts as you. I thought about it alot and decided for me surgery was the best thing. I was in constant pain all of the time and not able to give the 2 beautiful kids I already had the time and energy they deserve from me. Not only was I suffering but they were also. I still have some problems but am alot better than I was pre op. I actually have started taking my kids to the park and library and other places that I never would have even tried to do before. So, although I wanted another child I know I made the right decision because I have a more normal life and my kids have thier mommy back. I thank God everyday for my two little angels because I know some women are not as lucky. Hang in there, I know its hard....just keep thinking of how much more you will be able to share with your kids post when you will be pain free!!!!

s
Unread 03-15-2002, 09:39 AM
It's scheduled!

if it helps any , I just scheduled my surgery for April 22. yeas ofpain and suffering..............and I am 38 and have never been married , nor have children. My body has told me it is "time" to let it go........was a very hard decision to give up the "dream" of my prince etc and child............but a funny thing, Iwatced the Primetime Special last night with Diane Sawyer, on gay adoption ( Iam not gay!) and the whole foster adoption program.....I am convinced that may be my calling....find him........and take care and love one of those babies that so desperatley need a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 09:54 AM
It's scheduled!

Hi Deb! Congrats on getting a date scheduled and now officially a Lady in Waiting!

I had a TAH/BSO on 2/13/02 and am feeling better every day. I'm married and am infertile due to endo, adhesions and they found a small fibroid on my fallopian tube. I'm lucky in that I have a very DH who has been very supportive. (I'm 33 and he's 38, and we've been married 3 1/2 yrs.)

Even though I'm only 4 weeks post-op, I'm excited about NO MORE PAIN! and no more periods. Even the post-op pain was no big deal to me since I've had very painful periods since I was 14. Even though I'm headed into the hormore jungle, I truly believe this hyster will be the best decision I ever made for myself in my life.

I've known for about 5 years now that I was infertile, but with every period, I always thought, "Well, maybe THIS time I'll be pregnant." And going through that emotional rollercoaster every month was just getting to be too much. (Not to mention the physical pain.)

Advice on dealing with the emotions...just let them flow - focus on the positives in your life and HAVE FUN!!!!! The waiting is the worst part - but since you've got this time, you can chat with the Princesses and gain knowledge - knowledge is power! Try not to worry too much (like I did) and pamper yourself. You deserve it!!

Big to you!!
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:44 AM
My selfishness

Oh, Ladies!

I feel so **** selfish moaning about not being able to have another child! I have truly been blessed with my daughter (9 years old). My Doc couldn't see how I could have conceived her because of the mess my bod is in. She truly is a miracle child. I am single with no relationship on the horizon so the whole thought is quite silly! The meds I am on right now have really made me emotional so everything is 10 times more intense right now!

I imagine a woman's loss of fertility or the knowledge she is infertile has an effect on each of us. Somehow we need to break free of the idea that fertility is what makes us woman, desireable... Realistically, I know these things are not true though are things I am working through!

Yes! I am so looking forward to having no more pain! THat is what keeps me going right now! Now, to have a date takes me out of the limbo. The reality of it all is hitting me with relief, fear, excitement.... I've got a few months to adjust and am sooooo very glad I have you all here!

Please forgive me!
Hugs to you all!

Deb
Unread 03-15-2002, 12:32 PM
It's scheduled!

Well, since I had a tubal the day after my second child was born, the inability to conceive hasn't been an issue for me. But I did have trouble getting pregnant the first time and remember the frustration and fear that I would never be a ble to have a child, so I can relate. All I can say is, I hope all goes well and please visit this sight often. It has been such a help to me and other LIW!!

Good luck!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register