new to site...my story | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new to site...my story new to site...my story

Unread 03-15-2002, 10:51 AM
new to site...my story

Hello to everyone. I am scheduled for surgery on April 22, 2002, for partial vaginal hysterectomy leaving my ovaries. I am 35 years old, I have a very understanding husband, 2 beautiful children Sarah 6 and Christopher 14. Me and my husband decided we did not want to have any more children so I had my tubal litigation done June 11, 2001. Ever since that operation I have been having the periods from hell. Extremely heavy bleeding with large blood clots, always wearing a pad because of spotting throughout the month, which means no sex-about once or twice a month (this not good for your marriage) mega cramps, doctor put me on the pill 3 months ago to try to control the bleeding-(I am taking the pills non stop when I get to the last white pill, I open the next pack, so I wont have a period but I still do all month long spotting instead of 3-4 days of very heavy and clots that I can not go any ware or do anything.) I have turned into a full-time pms monster. Me and my husband argue/disagree more lately (we have never fought over anything) We've been together 8 years married for 2 years. my kids don't want to be around me. My son always asks me... do you feel good today? before he will ask me anything, he wants to know what kind of mood I'm in. I am just a b_tch, I never was that way and I don't like it one bit.

I cant wait to have this done....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 11:39 AM
new to site...my story

it sounds like the hysterectomy willbe for the best.

I am 33 and had a partial hysterectomy feb 18th and i feel so much better already.

My problems started after having my third son who is now 3.I was bleeding what seemed like most of the time.Couldnt leave the house without a spare pair of knickers and sanitary protection.As for "SEX", what sex we like you could manage it once or twice a month max. and it puts alot of pressure on the marriage.

Hope the op. will be the light at the end of the tunnel.I feel it is for me,but being just over 3 weeks post-op we havent tried bedroom activities yet,but i am finding it very hard to wait.I hope this means my sex life is going to improve and hopefully yours will too

best wishesDebbiexxxxxx
Unread 03-15-2002, 12:15 PM
new to site...my story

Welcome to the best place around for info, support and hugs! We all go through so much on our journeys...it's also hard on those we love!

Keep reading...check out our Pull Down menus on the home page for helpful info on all kinds of things, lists, hints, stories, etc.

Post all your questions, and we'll all be here to help you every step of the way!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 05:14 PM
new to site...my story

My heart goes out to you. I know how these problems we have physically interfere with our relationships. I know it's part of your body just not functioning right, and that leads to another whole set of problems.That was one of the hardest things for me to let go of and accept-that my body didn't work right.That has served me so well this long. Yes, I could put up with the symptoms, which I unknowingly thought or accepted as normal.
Take care of yourself.
Best Wishes,

suek
Unread 03-16-2002, 01:02 PM
new to site...my story

Hi Sherbear!
My goodness, your story sounds just like mine! I was scheduled for surgery on April 22 but just got word from my Dr that he doesn't get paid enough and won't waste his time on me...( LOVELY!)

I'm a few years older than you, 37, but have the same problems. I have a 7 1/2 yr old girl and 2 1/2 yr old b/g twins and after they were born the periods got super heavy. Started taking bcps 11 mo ago, continuesly like you to try to surpress it but that doesn't work at all so now I bleed 2-3 wks at a time at any given time of the month. I have endo too so the pain just never goes away! And the PMS is truely horrible. The cramps and back pain are so wreched!

My family is complete so I want this surgery for sure! It for sure has taken a huge toll on my marriage. Sex?? HA! What is that??? ( you know what I mean!) Between the constant pain, constant bleeding and constant irritability, I have GOT to feel better after this is over! I am hoping for a LAVH but looks like TAH is gonna be the way it goes. I have to find a new Dr now.

I would love to keep in touch with you as I am new to this site too and we do seem to have many things in common. Please feel free to email me anytime! KimAZ
azmomx3@cox.net
Unread 03-16-2002, 02:00 PM
new to site...my story

Hello there! Your story sounds like just like mine. I was always fine until I had my tubal done. After that, heavy bleeding and constant pain. Aside from that, like you said, the mood swings were unbearable! I actually had to walk out of the house once because I was afraid of what I might say or do! Anyway, I can totally understand what you are going through. My TVH is scheduled for 3/18 so I will be sure to let you know how much that improves everything. Please email me if you'd like---there's a great website that talks about the problems that many women experience after a tubal. (my email is dpearsal@bellsouth.net)
Unread 03-17-2002, 04:01 PM
sounds like my story

Sherbear

Gosh I could have sworn you were writing my story. I too had NO troubles until after my tubal in 1997. After that I had the periods from H***, clotting, pms, etc. I too was prescribed the pill, which is just what I wanted since I had already had my tubes tied LOL -- I took them non-stop to keep from having periods but also had spotting and a horrible attitude continuously due to pain and frustration. My dh and sons Adam 18 and Blake 7 1/2 were on egg shells wondering if I would go off on them or not.

I had a TAH/BSO 2-11-02 and will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow --I feel 110% better than I did pre ! It is the best thing I ever did for myself and my family -- Life is wonderful for me now.

I take 1.25mg of Premarin daily for hrt and I feel WONDERFUL!

wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery -- take care of yourself -- you will feel much better after -- it is amazing !

If you would like you can email me at HSChatTeamAngie@aol.com

Take care -- you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register