Aygestin acne | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aygestin acne Aygestin acne

Unread 03-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Aygestin acne

After my awful Lupron experience, my Doc prescribed Aygestin for Endo pain, heavy periods.... I had an apt. with her earlier this week and was shocked to find that I had gained over 15 lbs since January while on this medication! Besides that my complexion has been that of an adolescent and my moods are very fragile. :yoyo2: After I did a little internet search on this drug, I found it is made from testosterone. This explained alot with the weight gain, acne, and mood swings. It has benefitted me by easing my pain significantly. I can live with these side effects until my surgery though I would really prefer to live without the Acne!! Has anyone experience this medication or this side effect on any med? Have you found any over-the-counter face med that helps?

For many people the weight gain would be most intolerable though in this case it is mostly muscle tissue. :muscle: Since I do work out at the gym it is helping me acheive my results faster. I just hope I don't grow a beard in the meantime! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Aygestin acne

Don't you just LOVE side effects.....

I have no experience with that particular one...if I were you I'd speak to a good dermatologist. They may be able to recommend something to help you in the meantime...maybe Retin A or something?

Your attitude is so good...you keep hanging in there and let us know if you need to borrow the Lady Remington.

s to you!!

Karen
Unread 03-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Aygestin acne

I was on Lupron from Sept 99 to Feb 00. My husband is in the navy and was on a 6-month cruise at the time of all my shots. I had horrible mood swings which the kids saw all of them. Plus my husband got lots of "bad" emails about my horrible days. I gained a lot of weight too. When my husband left I weighed about 125-130. When he came back I weighed almost 160. I felt horrible about the weight gain. I still haven't lost the weight after all this time. I was given Retin-A for my face. I also had horrible hot flashes and night sweats. I was given Bellergal <spelling> for that. It worked great and also helped with my mood swings. If you have any questions I will try to answer them with the best of my knowledge. I hated those shots. My TAH is scheduled Thursday, the 21st of this month. I go for pre-op Monday. I am nervous and scared but this website has helped out so much. I have endometriosis and have suffered from this for over 15 years. Physically I am ready because I'm tired of the pain and not any of the treatments worked for me. Not even having children made it go away. I'm only 35 but my family is complete. We have 3 beautiful children. Our oldest is 15 and the youngest is 9. Mentally, I am not ready for this but I don't guess anyone is ever really mentally ready for surgery. I love my GYN doctor though, even though I will be in a Navy hospital, he is a civilian DR. I hate to say this, but I've heard horror stories about Navy DR surgeons. If anyone who has had a navy surgeon I do apologize for my comment. I'm depressed knowing that if we ever wanted to have any more children we couldn't now if we wanted. I've cried most of this week. My husband is good. He lets me cry on his shoulder and just tells me everything will be Ok. Today was one of my crying days. I have done nothing but cry all day.
Please email me at Mercoug94@aol.com if you want to personally ask questions.
Everything will be fine for the both of us....

Take care,

Tammy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register