4 day post op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 day post op 4 day post op

Unread 03-16-2002, 05:21 AM
4 day post op

Still feeling good. I am thrilled on how I feel. Only took Ibuprofen this morning so far so good. Now I can get out and into my bed smoothly. The things I was glad that I bought myself..........bigger underware, bigger pants with elastic waist. bigger shirts, tenny shoes that are slip ons-do not have to tie shoes, pretty pjs for home, I am glad I only wore the hospital gowns for the stay, I also purchase a tool called the grab it. I can pick things off the floor with out bending.
I am not saying there is no pain because there is. It is not as big as deal I thought it would be. I am a big whimp for pain. The first thought when I woke up from my surgery was that I am not moving a muscle and I won't be going home for a long time. That night I was standing by the bed side and went for a small walk. The nurses told me each time I get up it will become easier. They were right.
My other concern was having a bowel movement after surgery. I eat fiber, drink lots of water, and take a bowel softener combine with alot of walking keeps me regular.
I am on hormone therapy. Estratest is what I am taking. (estrogene with testosterone) I wanted something to improve my labido so the Dr. put me on this. Hope this will work. Back to research about estratest.
Hope this helps anyone who is worrying at this moment. Like everyone says the waiting is the worst. This is so true. Good Luck to all. I am so glad that I found this web page and will pass this knowledge to other friends of mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 05:35 AM
Congrats!!!

Hi there Debbie

Congrats and welcome to the other side. I am so glad to hear your doing well. It sounds like your handling your recovery very well. Keep up the good work and i hope all the LIW get to read your post

Take care &

Michele
Unread 03-16-2002, 05:44 AM
Welcome Home!

Hi....post op princess!

Sounds like you did real well. It is so nice that you keep in touch so soon after your surgery. It means so much to those of us who may be having the same soon. (as you know!)

I am considering hyster also, (really scared) I may have adeno. I am going to have a pelvic sono at 10:30 a.m. today.

Thanks and keep posting.
Be well and take care of yourself!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 06:17 AM
other things I was glad I had

My daughter gave me a small yellow smiley pillow for when I cough or laugh. This really helps. Also my other daughter gave me a body pillow (a big scubby do) that I use a night when I am in bed with hubby. I feel real protected and comfortable. Hope this helps.
Unread 03-16-2002, 06:27 AM
4 day post op

Also, I eat a serving of prunes before I go to bed. For me it helps. I have had no problems with the bowel movements.
Unread 03-16-2002, 06:36 AM
4 day post op

Wow, Debbie, thanks for posting so soon following your surgery. Your message is exactly the kind that a LIW like me, just a few days away from surgery, needs to see! How encouraging!

I'm happy things are going so well for you! Thanks for adding your name to the list of Princesses who say the waiting is the worst of it. (How I hope to be able to say the same thing a week or so from now!!)

Oh, your pillows sound adorable! It sounds like you're surrounded by comfy pillows AND by a loving family!

I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!
Unread 03-16-2002, 08:03 AM
Welcome Home

Welcome Home!!!! Im a LIW also, surgery date March 20th. I am getting very nervous. I have seen some ladies post on here not to drink carbonated beverages as it helps do away with some of the gas problems. I am having trouble finding a pillow. I seen someone say the buckwheat pillows are good. My mother was going to let me use hers, but it seemed very heavy. It was a regular size pillow tho' so maybe they had a small one. I went shopping last night to get me some goodies. I bought me two Louis Lamour books, a couple puzzle books, a simple but sweet gown (for home) , and I'll tell you what, I've been brainstorming but I have went brain dead cause I'm not sure what all I need to take with me. I've not started packing, I haven't got my housework done. I have two tests I need to study for, so on and so on. GEEEEEEEEsh, sounds like I need to get busy. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
Unread 03-16-2002, 09:56 AM
4 day post op

Debbie
I am post op day 4 too and feeling great too. I am also on estratest, no problems yet. I was released on Thursday and am on advil. I do take one lortab at night for sleep, I love to roll around and found I was waking myself up so the lortab does the trick. I am so happy for another princess who found it much easier than expected. Write me sometime and we can compare notes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register