Just Diagnosed As Future Princess | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Diagnosed As Future Princess Just Diagnosed As Future Princess

Unread 03-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Just Diagnosed As Future Princess

Hi Sisters,
I just had a scope last week and discovered I had really bad adneomyosis and endo. They scheduled me for a complete Hyst. for April 18th. It has all happened so fast that my brain is a little fuzzy trying to take it all in. I have already read 2 books, listened to 20 'not so great' stories from other women, and surfed all the info on HRT's, when thankfully I came upon the Hyster Sister Site.
Im nervous, Im scared, and I fear by having this surgery I will just be trading one problem for another. I have a very deep faith and it has always seen me through before......how come I cant seem to trust God to handle a womans hormones, guess thats a big job even for him
I guess this makes me a princess in training, but I feel more like cinderella BEFORE the ball. My friends are throwing me a 'Hyster Sister' Party the weekend before my surgery. Every sister that attends that has had a Hyst., gets to wear a tiara, all others wear a feather boa. They will have bowls filled with good & plenty candy but it will be labeled estrogen. Who knows what else that party will hold in store....an ovary cake maybe? haha! Im sure I will be visiting this site many times in the next month and Im glad its here! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 07:31 PM

I HAD TAH-BSO (HYST W/REMOVAL OVARIES AND CERVIX) ON 5-2-2000. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER-NO REGRETS! IT MAY TAKE WHILE TO GET YOUR HORMONES FIGURED OUT BUT I DID NOT HAVE MANY PROBLEMS. I HAVE ONLY EVER HAD 2 HOT FLASHES SINCE MY SURGERY. MY RECOVERY WENT WELL AND I FELT SO MUCH BETTER AFTER SURGERY- NO MORE HORRIBLE PAIN OR PERIODS!!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU WILL DO ALRIGHT AS WELL. JUST KEEP GETTING ALL THE INFO FROM THE GIRLS ON THIS SITE. THEY HELPED ME ALOT. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

BECAUSE OF "HIM",
TERESA
Unread 03-16-2002, 08:05 PM

Hi, EyesonSKy -

First, realize that it's normal to be nervous and scared - most of us were! It's also a lot to take in - I'm not sure I have done so yet!

There are many of us who have (or are currently having :-)) relatively easy recoveries. Realize that this is a place (especially on the post op board) where those who ARE having problems can get some much needed advice and emotional support, so it may seem that everyone's got a horror story to tell. But we don't!

Sounds like you have some wonderful friends who are supportive and have great senses of humor!! The party will be a blast! Ask questions of them, your drs, and the folks here if you have any, hang on to that faith of yours, and keep a postive attitude through your fears and concerns. There's tons of information on this web site about what to do before, during, and after the surgery that will really help you through this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Hi

Everything for me has been really quick too. I haven't had time to soak it all in yet. My dr examined me 11 days ago, and scheduled me for surgery on the 20th, (3 days away). So I really haven't had time to let everything soak in. I'm still nervous somewhat and anxious, really worried about sex afterwards. Wondering if orgasm will be the same? I think I'm worried about that more than anything. I think my O are uteran, so I don't know if the intensity will be the same once it's gone. I have heard both sides and it sort of averages out. I just hate to be one that is unhappy with the results. My dh says not to worry, he can take care of me. He is so sweet. Still nervous tho'. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register