Waiting is the WORSE! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting is the WORSE! Waiting is the WORSE!

Unread 03-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Waiting is the WORSE!

Having TVH-BSO on Monday, 18 and I only had to wait for 2-weeks after OBGYN and I discussed at last appointment and it has been driving me absolutely bannana's. I don't see how some of you sisters can wait a month or more, I'd think I'd be insane by time it came.

With 3 years of excruciating pain in abdomen and Migraines that have kept me in bed for days, not to mention the Fibromyalgia that has every muscle in my body aching on a continuing basis, I want to get this over with so the healing can start. I'm almost 100% positive that the pain in my abdomen will almost cease and my Migraines will hopefully tone down to headaches.

I don't and haven't slept well for past 3 years but now I'm only getting about 3 hours a night. Can't wait to be knocked out and drugged up, I might actually get 8 hours sleep, yippeee skippee! I'll even settle for 6.

My husband is going in with me until they take me then he's going to work. He started a new job last year with the city and he's so far gone from Part Time temporary to Perm. Part Time Temp and has only accumulated 4 hours Comp time and they said they would hold it against him and it would take away any chances of getting Perm. Full Time. It plays on me that they are that insensitive and he wont be able to be there the whole time and I keep telling myself that I'll be out and won't remember much about that day but, it still plays on me.

When I told him about this website, he said I should just talk to my mom or my doctor or him for that matter. I laughed and laughed, Mom has all her stuff, my docs a man so I told my husband that it really helps to talk with people that have ACTUALLY had it done. were going to or just was going thru a lot of the same crap I'd been going thru for the last 3 years. He still just doesn't understand.

When I have to wait, I'm either on the PC or talking on the phone. Being on the PC takes up more time quicker.

Going to go hit the chat room, haven't been there yet!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 07:54 PM
Waiting is the WORSE!

Brenda, You are right! Waiting is the worst part. The HS Chat area is a great place to hang out to help the time pass and get reassurance and to get questions answered. It's a very very supportive place! We're here for ya!
You'll be a before you know it!
Unread 03-17-2002, 06:51 AM
Waiting

You're right. the waiting is the worst part. Well, almost. The resting afterward is a real pain. Though not an extremely active person, I am a very impatient one and having to sit, sleep, and rest is driving me crazy. Gather your books, craft and needlework projects, and CD player and TV remote in one place so you'll have an 'activity nest' to keep you occupied post-op.

I too had pain for years from fibroids. Terrible back pain and wrenching period cramps. The one clear memory I have of the recovery room is having a nurse leaning into my face and asking how I felt. Still having the effects of the anethetics and morphine, and feeling the pressure and some pain in my abdomen, I looked up and said in surprise, "my back doesn't hurt!"

The pain and inconvenience I have now far outweigh the pain I was having before. Even with the waiting, surgical pain and the road to recovery, I can say without a doubt this was the best thing I could have done for myself. Keep in mind when hubby seems impatient with you that men CAN'T 'get' it. It's a different mindset with them, and as patient and supporting as my DH is, he still has his moments (telling me to 'get over it' when I break out in a crying jag, normal with post op stuff).

I just found the most wonderful quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that fits. She said "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Liane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Waiting is the Worse

I too am going to the castle on the 18th for a TAH and all weekend I've felt like I'm the verge of a major cry. Tonight I think that I will have a bubble bath and just cry my eyes out. I don't want my 2 DD's to see me as it will increase their fears.

I will be thinking of you and all the other "18ers".
Best of Luck

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register