nightwear for castle | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nightwear for castle nightwear for castle

Unread 03-16-2002, 10:28 PM
nightwear for castle

Dearest sisters,
This is a really frivolous question for which I apologise. I would just like some sisterly advice on the most practical night attire to wear at the castle. My mum (Aussie talk) is sending me some 'pampering money'.

Personally I love PJs but could they be a bit annoying around the incision site?

Your experiences and advice would be gratefully received.

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Hi

Hi there, I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I'm taking me a gown but I'm thinking we'll spend most of out time in a hospital gown. I have a short comfy gown. I'm also taking a pair of X-Large sweats for the ride home. I hope someone who has already experienced this will answer us. 's Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
Unread 03-16-2002, 11:33 PM
nightwear for castle

You will probably want to wear the hospital gowns the first day or two. Then if you put something on of your own I suggest a short gown too. Easier to manuever if you still have a catheter or IV or just for going to the bathroom, which you will do frequently when the catheter is removed.
I changed into my Hyster Sister cover-up and wore it for 2 days before I went home. Went home in extra large sweats which was fine. Switches to baggy PJ's when I got home.
Good luck to you both. Waiting really is the hardest part!

Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2002, 03:44 AM
nightwear for castle

hi
what worked for me was for the first night i stayed in the hospital gown.The next morning i wore i nightshirt and i did so until i had the catheter out.Then i went into my pjs.I bought drawstring and a size bigger than my normal size.I didnt find them too painful round the scar and they made me feel more dressed and more my old self.I was lucky and didnt bleed much after my surgery so coluld get away with no knickers(panties).But i did buy big,big knickers for the journey home and i am now nearly 4 weeks post-op and still wear them(sexy)ha!
Id advise you to have some comfy jogging bottoms for the weeks post-op as your belly can swell abit.
best wishes to all LIW and other advise you need please e-mail
best wishes Debbiexx

I amm 33 and 3 boys 8,5 and 3.
Unread 03-17-2002, 12:53 PM
nightwear for castle

Hi Girls,
I had my TVH last June. I bought a bunch of things & packed for the hospital, but really didn't need those things until I got home.
I had a catheter for 48 hours, & they wouldn't let me wear my stuff. plus the IV was in too. The 3rd day I was there, they took out all the "stuff" and I was able to wear my short gown. Something that slips over your head is easist. And slip on sandels. the less bending over you have to do, the better.
Another tip, if you have long hair, you might want to have someone braid it. I was laying on my back for 2 days, and my hair was in KNOTS!!
Good luck to all of you
Sharon
Unread 03-17-2002, 01:25 PM
nightwear for castle

Hi Diana - One of the best things about this site is that no question is too frivolous! I'm having TVH leaving ovaries with bladder suspension on April 2 and would not survive without this site! Personally I just ordered the Princess Package and at the first chance in the Castle I'll be putting my Hyster Sisters cover-up on. I want everyone there to know where all my hyster knowledge and strength comes from! I guess from everything I've read so far baggy is the fashion trend post-op. Good luck to you and the rest of us LIWs. Pam
Unread 03-17-2002, 01:54 PM
attire

Hi ladies out there

I had surgery on March 6th and wore only hospital garments while there. Since I've been home, I've worn a short night gown and when out and about a big and baggy lounging outfit my DMom got me before surgery.

I didnt experience "swelly belly" until Friday night after being up too long I guess. I have a bladder infection and had gone to the doc thurs. I thought I was doing so much better on Friday and sat up wayyyyyy tooooo long.... I'm still hurting more and I think that is why. What a surprise it was to experience it for the first time... I'd wondered what it really was and now i know....

I too thank God for this site and while I dont post much, I read when I can and love it!

God Bless,
Unread 03-17-2002, 02:02 PM
speaking of slippers ...

Speaking of slippers:
I discovered, as I packed for the castle, that all the slippers I owned had to be pulled on and/or fastened, to stay on my feet.

The prospect of bending over had me looking for something else to wear!

What I took - instead of slippers - was an old pair of loafers. Which I could put on by just sliding my feet into, and which, being well-worn, I could wear in just my bare feet.

And I wasn't out of bed long enough - for short walks and/or going to the bathroom - when wearing them, for my feet to get cold.

Happy healing to all,
H. Jane (TAH/BSO on Feb.28)
Unread 03-17-2002, 02:21 PM
nightwear for castle

I spent 2 of 3 days at the castle in the ever so beautiful hospital gowns. That worked best for me with the IV and catheter. On my 3rd day, the cath and IV came out and I took a heavenly shower, put on my drawstring flannel jammy bottoms and soft cotton top and went home later that day. I highly recommend slip-on, non skid slippers for those walks in the castle.

During my 1st month home, I lived in drawstring pj bottoms and either the matching tops or baggy t-shirts - plus the granny panties. For my first outings I actually wore my plaid flannel drawstring bottoms with a comfy top. Comfort was definitely my 1st priority. Now I can wear regular panties for most of the day, but evening often finds me pantiless in my most comfortable (looose) shorts.

Good luck to you all!
Janet
Unread 03-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Thank you

Thanks so much everyone for all the great advice. I'm going to Walmart to find me some slip on houseshoes. Have a wonderful evening. Blessings and 's , Mikki Jo

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register