husband can't take me to the hospital - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

husband can't take me to the hospital husband can't take me to the hospital

Unread 03-18-2002, 01:04 PM
husband can't take me to the hospital

I don't know many women who PLAN on being single parents. I also know how hard it is to get a good job or to go back to school to get a better job. It is so hard with kids (I know cuz I did it) It was one of the hardest things I ever did. There are many reasons I was able to and without things the way they were I would not have been able to. It is HARD to find good jobs with good benefits. It is HARD going through this surgery and doing it alone with kids would be 100 times harder ... this is my opinion! Wish I could help you somehow. I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. Heres to hoping those kids will be the best behaved they have ever been during your recovery time and to a fast and easy recovery!!!!!!!! s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 05:35 PM

Its hard juggling life in these days and times...getting everything lined up, kids to school, balancing job and family. Its plenty tough to manage a normal day...and then, schedule surgery and it is exponentially harder.

I think its important to have someone at the hospital with you, taking you there and waiting for you to wake up. I think its comforting and important to our well-being. Communicating with your family your needs may help. If that doesn't sink in, perhaps arranging for a friend or neighbor to help you might be the way to go.

I hope your recovery is easy, non-eventful and full of the love of family and friends.

P.S. I edited a few posts on this thread as one of the things that marks this site is kindness and support. Walking in another's shoes is the ticket before assumptions can be made. Thank you for continuing this thread with support for the original poster and the subsequent replies. Hyster Sisters are the greatest, kindest women on the net....and I appreciate your ongoing care for one another. Its what makes this website soooo great...and you make the difference in each other's lives. Thanks!
Unread 03-18-2002, 05:53 PM

I see my post was " edited" my post was meant to support women who had to cope without paid sick leave, not to encourage them to go back to work early against Dr's orders.
With all due respect Kathy, it is something some women have to deal with, they can't just " get a different job with paid sick leave"
I mean this with respect, it is a real issue for some women and that is unfortunate! I am not a " poor, single mom" and I dealt with it. Looking back, maybe I wasn't as indespensable as I thought at my business, and I certainly am not poor or alone, but some women desperatly need the paycheck! They should not be disrespected by telling them" they should of thought of it before they had kids, quit whining"
I'll shut up now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 06:28 PM

Something I've learned on this site is never to make assumptions about the lives of others. We all have struggles to contend with, and the wonderful thing about this place is that everyone deserves and get respect, compassion and kindness, as Kathy said.

Sometimes frayed nerves and anxiety compromise our ability to express ourselves the way we intend. Nancy, I know that you were responding to something that was said and your reply was admirable. All women deserve respect for their choices and for surviving and thriving in all the different and sometimes very difficult life situations in which we find ourselves. This is a really good thread; our intention is to keep it on track to help sisters in a difficult situation find some solutions.

Thanks to everyone for the great responses.

Karen
Unread 03-18-2002, 06:30 PM

I edited a line from one reply that didn't sound kind...and then several replies which mentioned her comment.

In the fairness of "kindness" I edited only those comments out that were "unkind" between a few members. I didn't edit anything else out.

I take my position as owner seriously and do not go through posts "willy nilly" removing what I choose. I do, though, take "flaming" seriously and since this thread was going in a direction that wasn't supporting the original author, I edited the unkindness out....to hopefully put the direction back.

If you have further questions about my "editing" please email me.

And now, back to the original concern....

Thanks, Gals.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:32 AM
Be Positive

I believe I might have been misunderstood a bit.
What I was trying to say is
we don't always pick or choose (single mother) the
way our lives turn out but we do have a CHOICE
(job) in what we do and how we handle the
circumstances that come our way.
Be positive, think positve and act postive and
positive things will happen.
WE are the ONLY ones that can choose for ourselves
how we live our lives.
Being Happy and Smiling throughout our lives,
we will heal quicker and better and have an
all around better inner self.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register