Sore throat!!! 10 days before surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore throat!!! 10 days before surgery Sore throat!!! 10 days before surgery

Unread 03-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Sore throat!!! 10 days before surgery

MY TAH is scheduled for 3/28/02 and this weekend I developed an irritating sore throat. I think it is due to seasonal allergies. but am not sure. I am worried that it may be a cold or the flu. I am wondering if I should call my doctor and be on the safe side.

On the other hand, whatever this is may be over in 10 days without me doing anything. I jsut don't want to call the doctor and have him cancel. I'll go nuts if I have to go through this again. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2002, 06:04 PM

I would definitely be calling my doctor first thing Monday morning. Your doctor needs to know about this. Make the call tomorrow rather than delay. Keep in mind that IF the surgery is rescheduled it is only because no doctor will jeapordize your well-being. You DO need to call your doctor tomorrow. Please let us know how you are doing.
Unread 03-18-2002, 07:00 AM

Call the Dr.! I too was in a frazzle before my surgery. I came down with a cold (2 weeks before) and was scared to call him because I thought he would cancel. I ended up with bronchitus. I found this out on my 2nd visit to a GP. It really came down to the wire for me, they were worried about my cough - I got the ok at 3:30pm the day before the surgery. Call him, let him know what is going on and then go see you GP. They can get you on antibiotics and it may be cleared up by your surgery date.
Good Luck, my fingers are crossed and I will say a prayer for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 09:17 AM

I agree with the other ladies. If you call, they may put you on an antibiotic which may ward off something worse. I too had a cold ten days before, luckily it turned into nothing worse, so I was able to have my surgery, but I'll bet if you voice your concerns they will help you out. The waiting is hard and long enough, hopefully this will eliminate the possiblity of any more waiting! Good luck and let us know what they do/say!
Unread 03-18-2002, 09:22 AM

I woke up this morning with laryngitis, in addition to the sore throat and have put in a call to my doctor. Hopefully, it won't take all day for him to return my call! I'll keep you posted.
Unread 03-18-2002, 11:57 AM
sore throat

So sorry to hear about your sore throat! I have seasonal allergies and lose my voice at least once a year, whether I need to or not. I hope that's all it is for you. Good luck w/the call to the doc.

Blondi/same surgery date
Unread 03-18-2002, 12:39 PM

Hey all... thanks for your kind words.. Blondi. I too, have seasonal allergies and this is kind of what this feels like. Kinda a lump in the back of the throat that will not clear. .. almost like a post-nasal drip.

Anyway my doc made an over the phone diagnosis and said it was a virus and needed to run its course. He thinks I will be well enough for the surgery but, will not be able to tell until my appt the day before surgery! So, bleujean, I know that you can relate.

I am off to drink plenty of water and get some rest.
Unread 03-18-2002, 12:47 PM

Shelly -

I would wait a couple of days to see how you are doing and if not any better get an appt with your general practicioner/family doctor. I know that there is a lot of strep going around here in Minnesota. Good luck to you! Fingers are still crossed for ya.
Unread 03-18-2002, 12:58 PM

Oh my gosh, bleujean! Tell me you didn't have surgery three days ago and already are on the computer. What did you have and how are you feeling?
Unread 03-18-2002, 02:12 PM

yes, surgery was just 3 days ago and I feel great! Will tell more later if you would like to hear about it but my son is fighting me for the computer.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register