Tilted Uterus and TVH?!? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tilted Uterus and TVH?!? Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

Unread 03-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

Hi ladies. I'm having my surgery, TVH (leaving left ovary ~ only one I have left) on April and have a question. If someone can help, great. I will be asking my GYN this anyways at pre-op appointment, but wanted to see what everyone had to say.

Back about 10-11 years ago, my GYN at the time discovered I had a tilted uterus. Now, here I am and getting ready to have a TVH. Will the tilted uterus pose a problem (such as difficult to remove, etc) when performing a TVH? Is there a chance the procedure will be changed to a TAH? Thanks in advance.

Also, best wishes to Monday 3/18 Princesses!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

dear Amy
I found out about 8 years ago that my uterus was tipped and my doctor said that is should not be a problem for him to do a TVH
but if my uterus was inlarged then he would have to do a TAH
I had to sign a paper so that if he went in through my Vagina and my uterus was to big to take out through my vagina then he could take it out through my tummy but right now I am expecting to have a TVH
so we will see I might wake up with a suprise
Hugs Ladypeewee
Unread 03-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

((( Amy)))

I had a tilted uterus many years ago (probably about 25 years ago) and at that time my doctor showed me some exercises to do that tilted it back where it should have been.

I had a TVH and repairs done and it wasn't any problem. In fact, even though it was the same doctor, neither of us even brought it up before surgery. I think that Ladypeewee is right - it could be a problem if it were enlarged.

(((Ladypeewee))),

Just wanted to say first of all that I love your member name and can really, really relate, since I had my TVH and repairs done for prolapses. It does get better. I'll be thinking about you on the 20th, and praying that all goes well for you.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 06:15 AM
Thank You Karen

I love this site it has helped me so much all the ladies have been so wonderful
I am realy looking forward to getting this over with I am already packed and ready to go I got to call my doctor as he called me friday but I was not home I don't have a clue as to what he wanted his number was on the caller I D box and when I tried to call him back he had already left his office so now I have to call this moring I will let everyone know what it was about got to go and make that call well I called his office and he is out today so they are going to call me back tomorrow this is going to drive me nuts oh well

I am glad that you like my member name the way I got it was my husbands friends have called him PeeWee all his life and since we have loved each other since we were kids (I was 14 he was 16) it just kinda fit
hugs ladypeewee
Unread 03-18-2002, 06:21 AM
Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

((((AMY)))) 's!!!

I wanted to let you know that I as well had a tilted uterus along with it prolapsing(fallign out). My doctor DX'ed my tilted uterus when I was 17. After giving birht to my second child the dr. imformed me that I would need a hysterectomy with in the next 5 years. I believe it was due to the prolaps. I must AGREE with the others. Normaly the only reason to do an AB hyster is because the uterus is to inlarged to do vaginaly. Make sure you speak with your doctor about your concerns. And feel free to ask us as many questions as you would like.
I hope this helps ease your mind some.

Angela/AngRed1
CHAT AKA: Fleyitch71
Unread 03-18-2002, 06:32 AM
Tilted Uterus and TVH?!?

Thanks ladies for the replies. I am not expecting my uterus to be enlarged, but hey ~ anything can happen, right? I will make sure to take my list of questions with me to my pre-op appointment.

(((Ladypeewee)

big 's for you

Lots of prayers and best wishes go out to you... hope you have an uneventful surgery and smooth recovery. Polish that crown!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register