Not so strong after all - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not so strong after all Not so strong after all

Unread 03-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Hey Marian

You know what, I had the same kind of cry day! My sweet man said the wrong thing on the way to work and I broke down..... I'm thinking we're totally normal, just alittle stressed right now ya know!

I decided to go to the spa and have a massage, and brow and bikini wax, I usually save the bikini wax for special vacations...but I figured what the .......I'm going to be a princess!! so I went for it! Got my feet done too!

Marian, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts, you have a lot more to deal with than me and I hope everything works out well for you. Keep up your good positive attitude and you'll be fine.

Congratulations on your 25th! That's quite an accomplishment. Let me know how you do, we'll compare notes on the other side!

((((((((((((((BIG HUGS TO YOU))))))))))))))

Georgia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Mikki Jo and Nitchwitz

My prayers are with you both....but for what it's worth, it ain't so bad afterall. I had my surgery Jan. 21 of this year and I was amazed at how fast I recovered and remember it varies for everyone. I was out and about driving my SUV a week later, vacuuming the following weekend and what really amazes me is how much more energy I have. I wish I had done this sooner. Now I am on a really good diet, and back at the gym...keep in touch......
Unread 03-19-2002, 02:37 AM
Not so strong after all

Happy 25 years together...
the main thing that got me was the going to the potty each and every hour after they took the cather out. Noe that was a pain and still is at almost one wek post-op.. Good luck and I will be saying a prayer for you.. am still in recovery mode here. lucky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 03:58 AM
Janet

Janet, I never dreamed we'd have to go to the bathroom like that. I have heard other people complain of the same thing. Wonder whats up with that? I have to have my bladder tacked too. Hmmmmm Strange creatures we have inside of us. LOL Tomorrow is the Big Castle day for me. I'm holding steady......'s to you, Mikki Jo
Unread 03-19-2002, 08:29 AM
Not so strong after all

Vacuuming before your dr. releases you to do so is NOT RECOMMENDED. Please, don't vacuum before 6-8 weeks. MANY have bleeding and other problems and complications when they ignore those restrictions. Your healing tissues are not ready for that.

That goes for driving too soon or going to the gym before your dr. releases you, too.

Please be careful, we want you to have an UNEVENTFUL recovery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register