Waiting in pain | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting in pain Waiting in pain

Unread 03-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Waiting in pain

Hello Ladies. I found this wonderful website a few weeks ago when I had to make the decision to have surgery. I must say that I got a lot of comfort and information from you ladies. I am 35, cronic abnominal pain, endo, ovarian cysts, nausea, headaches, you name it I got it. I have been suffering for about 9 years and have finally found a DR that will look past my age. (just turned 35 on March 14th). The hardest decision to make was keeping my cervix. I got a lot of good advice on this site and decided since I have previous bladder problems that prolapse might be an issue in the future. I am booked for April 23/02. It seems like an eternity away still. I am still in pain and taking different pills to combat the different symptoms but I don't know if my nerves will get me all the way there. I would just like to thank everyone for all of the wonderful tips, I plan to use many of them.

Thanks again... lady in waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Waiting in pain

I could relate with your post! I hope you will be able to find something that will help you to make the time pass more quickly. I know it's hard if you are in pain and can't do much.
Any other hystersisters have any ideas? I'm glad that even though it does feel like an eternity that you will be getting the help you need soon. We hystersisters are here for each other and we understand--I know that is helping me immensely. I'll be saying a prayer for you and sending best wishes too.
Unread 03-18-2002, 03:13 PM
Waiting in pain

Hey there, Bonnie! We will be having surgery on the same day (mines a TVH). I know what you mean about pain. I have microscopic endo, and it took doctors over 2 years to diagnose it. Anyways, I am on pain pills too to combat the really sharp stabbing pains.. as well as Lupron to kind of shrink things down before the actual surgery. I only had to do the Lupron 2 times, with March 15th being my last shot.

Our nerves will do the opposite of what our body wants them to do. Just remember: the wait will be worth it in the end. And in the end, our lives will be better for us.

Try coming into the hystersisters chat room.. bunch of lovely ladies in there ~ pre and post. Advice, help, tips and laughter. It's a cool place to be to vent also!

Feel free to private message me, if you want. Will be thinking of you as our date approaches. Best Wishes!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Waiting in pain

Dear Bonniep, Jerrianne and Amy,

I am so sorry for all of you that you are in pain, and am hoping that the next few days and weeks will speed by quickly for everyone.

Amy's suggestion of visiting the chat room is a great idea, and you might want to read all of the pre-op and post-op hints that are on the home page to be sure that you have thought of everything to pack and take to the hospital with you, and have what you need at home for your recovery.

Each of you will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that you are pain-free very soon.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register