I'm punctured and I'm back!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm punctured and I'm back!! I'm punctured and I'm back!!

Unread 03-18-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm punctured and I'm back!!

Hello my sisters. I became a punctured princess last Thursday and I've been home a few days but didn't feel like being on computer till now, and only for little while. Wow, what a ride. I had never had major surgery before but I guess I'm as experienced as the best of them now. The most dreadful part (as I knew it would be) was waiting in the community waiting room for them to come out to get me for surgery prep. The prep nurse was just the sweetest thing and knew how to keep my mind occupied till the moment of truth. I swear that every woman on the face of the earth except my daughters has been through a hysterectomy. Everyone has a story to tell, and it helped me to know I had so many proceed me and come out of it fine.

One thing I wished I'd thought of: I assume they took a preg. test at pre-op the week before. BUT, of coarse they took another one immediately before surgery. Not a problem EXCEPT my DH did a slip up during that final week I don't know what we were thinking of. We have always depended on withdrawal for birth control with the exception of my three pregnancies with which we left it in on purpose (Sorry about the graphics).

Anyway, I guess he just wanted to feel what it was going to be like after all these years and the freedom that we have to look forward to now, and he just left it in, and I let him. Guess we just thought they were going to take everything anyway, that it didn't matter.

And I am a staunch pro-lifer, so this is why I figure I was not thinking at all.. Anyway, I was darn lucky that test came back negative or they would not have gone through with the hyster. And I would have been a basketcase for sure.

Otherwise, aside from some slight abdominal pain and a sore back from having to lay on it all the time, I think I'm coming along quite well. I get the staples out this Thursday.

I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes when I went in because I did not have the time to respond to them sooner. Well, TGIO, Thank God It's Over. Now back to resting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 01:33 PM

Congrats Cindy!

The worst is over!
I go in tomorrow and hope when I post that I'll be able to say the same thing as you !

Get lots of rest and I hope your up and about soon!!!

Gina
Unread 03-18-2002, 04:39 PM

Glad things worked out well for you farmergal. Your story was too funny. After your six weeks are up (or whatever time limit your doc. put on things), your husband ought to be a very happy hubby.
Take care.
Tam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 05:20 PM

Hi,
It wasn't funny at the time, but I guess it is kinda now, . I just don't want anyone else to make the same slip-up. They already had the IV in and everything. I can't imagine how awful it would have felt to get that far and then have to cancel.

When the nurse peeked around the corner to tell me the good news, we gave each other the . Woo-Hoo,

Love ya all!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register