My pre-op appt today | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My pre-op appt today My pre-op appt today

Unread 03-18-2002, 01:56 PM
My pre-op appt today

Hi everyone. I haven't posted much, but I wanted to let you know that I had my pre-op at the hospital today and went thru the blood work and urinalysis, talked with nurses and the drug doc. This is my 3rd time in - once for a c-Section (had an epidural that didn't take then given a spinal), then a laparoscopy last year where I had general. I'll be getting general again. Last time I spoke with my doctor was the end of February and luckily, I feel very comfortable and don't feel the need for another appointment.

I left work at lunch today for appointment and will be taking the day off tomorrow for a facial and hair cut - a little pre-op pampering!

Then off to the castle I'll go on Wednesday, March 20th at 10:00. My surgery is at high-noon. I'm as nervous as I can be, but I'm ready to be on the list of Punctured Princesses.

Thanks so much for this site and for all the wonderful LIW's and Princesses!! You've definitely made a difference to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 03:13 PM
HUGS

God Bless, and take it easy after your surgery. Sounds like you're starting if off right with a little pampering. I did that too!!

See you on the other side.

Kristi
Unread 03-18-2002, 05:01 PM
My pre-op appt today

Hi Kristy,

What a neat idea - to pamper yourself a little before surgery. You'll make a great !!

It's normal to be getting a little nervous right now, but before you know it, you'll be back home and coming back to tell your story. Just don't do it too soon, please. You'll need to rest alot.

I'll be praying that all goes well for you on Wednesday.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks!!

Thank you both sooo much! This site has been so wonderful. It helped me prepare for my doctor, my pre-op, and now hopefully my surgery and recovery! I know it's very normal to be nervous, so I'm trying to keep busy this last 30 hours or so. I'm tired of being tired and tired of being sick and tired, so I am gearing up for the beginning of the rest of my life. I have lots of people thinking and praying for me, and a wonderful DH and DD to help as much as possible.

God bless both of you and thank you so much for your replies!! Hopefully I'll see you ladies on the flip side AFTER, of course, I rest rest rest, and drink and walk!
Unread 03-18-2002, 06:15 PM
My pre-op appt today

Good Luck with your surgery. I too will be having surgery weds. in the afternoon.
Unread 03-18-2002, 07:18 PM
My pre-op appt today

My surgery is the same day as yours, so you will not be alone. I will say a prayer for you. Good luck and please let me know how you are doing after. Enjoy your day of pampering (i'm jealous I have to work)

Lisa Ado
Unread 03-18-2002, 07:42 PM
My pre-op appt today

Hi Kristy.....pampering is REALLY nice, enjoy yourself. You'll be in my thoughts on Wed. Please let me know how it goes for you.

See you on the other side, & we'll compare notes!

Georgia
Unread 03-18-2002, 08:56 PM
don't for get me I am having mine wensday too

I am having mine at 9 am I will keep you ladies in my thoughts and payers too
I am going to try to sleep now
s ladypeewee
Unread 03-18-2002, 09:30 PM
Goodluck to everyone

Goodluck and BIG 's to everyone! I'm a Wednesday Princess too! Mine is at 7:30. I'm not so nervous tonite, but like I said earlier I don't know how I'll feel in an hour!!! Blessings, Mikki Jo
Unread 03-19-2002, 04:53 AM
To my fellow LIW's

Hi there ladies. So nice to know that we won't be alone. We'll all hold hands and say prayers and give one another big hugs and voices of support. I'll be thinking of each one of you, and saying my prayers, as I don't have to be at the hospital until 10:00 and my surgery is at noon.

Now I've got to head to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and pick up just a few little things, get my facial and hair cut, which I am looking so forward to!! BUT then I have to come home and fold and put up laundry << yuck >>, but I do get to take our DD to her gymnastics class (she's 6 going on 16) and spend some time with her and my DH.

Just a few last minute things to be done. I'll probably be on here later, but if I don't get a chance to speak with any of you, my thoughts, well wishes, and prayers will definitely be there for all.

((( HUGS))) to all the Wednesday ladies!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register