Very close and scared!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very close and scared!! Very close and scared!!

Unread 03-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Very close and scared!!

First I want to thank everyone for the information they've posted on here. You will never know just what you do for others, I hope to someone I can do what you have for me.

I have my pre-op tomorrow. I am scared between home, work and especially the surgery. I am in the dark as to what the DR is going to do, I guess that is what tomorrow is all about. I, like some others, am afraid I won't wake up after the surgery. Silly as that may sound, but I was like that when I had my tubal after my daughter was born 9 years ago, and I have that same feeling today.

I am scheduled for Friday, March 22, @ 9:30 A.M.....my nerves are reaking havoc right now.

According to my insurance papers, DR is planning a hysterectomy/BSO, but he has not indicated as to what type of hysto. I am having it done for excessively large clots, excessive bleeding/frequent periods, pelvic pain, uterine fibroid and ovarian cysts.

I'll repost tomorrow to share my findings!..Thanx for listening/reading.

Anything anyone can say to ease my mind, pleeeeeze do.

Thank you all!!
Duney :smokin:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 08:38 PM
Very close and scared!!

s Duney!

It is normal to be nervous before surgery and especially as it gets closer to the date. Hopefully, after you talk with your dr tomorrow and have a better idea of what he plans to do, you will feel a little bit better. The greatest fear is the fear of the unknown. It's not silly to have the fears you are having. Lots of people have the same fears.

On the main page of Hystersisters in the center, toward the bottom, there is a section for Ladies In Waiting. If you click on that, you'll see a link to Pre-Op Appointment Questions. Maybe you can get some ideas from that about what you want to ask your dr.

Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow.

Pam
Unread 03-19-2002, 03:20 AM
Best Wishes

Duney

I am not sure what they do at preop in the States, but here in the land downunder, the sister took me right through the surgical path. That included what would happen before, during and after the op. It was just the best information. That is when it really hit home that this was all going to happen.

Now in the blink of an eye, I am 14 weeks post. I remembered all the princess training I had read here in the weeks pre op and put it all into practice.

Regards and best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

Cheers
Gail

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register