They moved me up......... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

They moved me up......... They moved me up.........

Unread 03-18-2002, 08:17 PM
They moved me up.........

Hi everyone.... Just wanted to tell you that when I went to post op today I got a big suprise. I will be having surgery in the morning and not on thursday.
Now I am freaking out. I have done nothing but cry. I am so scared you guys. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
They are going to be giving me verced <spelling> for my anxiety.
I haven't go do to anything that I had planned before Thursday. I did get my furniture waxed and stuff done around the house. But I had planned on grocery shopping tomorrow and pay a cople of bills.
I need to go and start drinking the "stuff".
I once again ask you to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm in the pacific time zone. I will be having surgery around 8am my time.

Talk to you guys soon......... Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 08:29 PM

s Tammy!

Try to just think of it as becoming a a day sooner and a day closer to feeling much better. If you're like me, you may not be able to sleep tonight anyway, so maybe you can get those checks written then and stick them in the mail in the morning or have someone mail them for you.

The hardest part - the waiting - is just about to end. I will that you have an uneventful castle stay and a speedy recovery. Please come back when you feel up to sitting at the computer and let us know how it all went.

Pam
Unread 03-18-2002, 08:33 PM

Hi Tammy, this is one less day you will have to worry. It will all be over before you know it and you will be on the road to recovery! I am in CA too and will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. Good luck and s,
- Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much....

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the kind words. I did write the checks out and hubbie will pay them tomorrow. It's for the girls braces and it's in town so he's just going to run them over.
I am scared stiff. I talked to kids tonight and couldn't even get through the conversation without crying. Hubby had to finish. I am wearing myself out and I'm ready to sleep. But too much running to the bathroom.

Talk to you when I get home supposed to be on Friday. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy
Unread 03-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Dont Freak Out

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago tomorrow TAH but kept my ovaries. Just when I thought that I'd never feel better again suddenly all the pain dissapeared and I started feeling great. My best suggestion is rest up as much as possible and listen to your body. I work from home and found just sitting at my pc to be great therapy. I won't lie to you, the post-op pain is really bad, but just like when we had kids, you quickly forget that it was even there. Don't forget, sisters are really tough. Good thing men don't have to go through this. Can you just imagine the complaining.

Please feel free to give me a shout if you need some real tell it like it is inspiration.

Good luck and lots of s
Unread 03-19-2002, 04:26 AM

Tammy, I got moved a head a week ( I had requested to if the had a cancellatrion on the date I wanted) I found out about 2 in the afternoon the day before my 9 am surgury the next morning.
Less time to worry and wait! Soon it will be all over! Good Luck!
Unread 03-19-2002, 08:32 AM

These ladies are right......one day less to worry and wait!! The same thing happened to me.....I was suddenly moved ahead from a Monday surgery to a Saturday surgery and I had nothing ready!!! I was in a total state of panic but everything that needed to get done....got done and I was glad to just get it over with! Hang in there.....you'll be just fine!!

Take care and best of luck!
Unread 03-19-2002, 09:28 AM

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know I know how you feel.
My surgery is 4-15. But I had emergency gallbladder surgery at the end of Sept. I had gallstones for 12 years because of my fears. I was so scared because I had never had surgery and I had tons of allergies. I went into pancreatitis and they had to leave the stone stuck in me for over a week until the fever was gone and the swelling went down from the pancreatitis.

I was in an emergency situation but I had to lay and wait in the hospital for days and days and I was so scared.

I found out that the anesthesia and surgeries have changed so much and I wasn't even nauseated or sick or anything when I woke up. I was just run down for awhile. I know we'll have some pain from this but we've had so much, at least this pain is just temporary.

You'll be amazed how wonderful the nurses and doctors are. Just think about what you want to do in three months and think about how much better you will be feeling this summer. When you're in prep just close your eyes and forget the surgery and think about what you want to do this summer and the smell of a rose and all the beautiful things you'll be able to do this summer (I can't wait to be able to bend down and smell the roses).

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I'll be waiting to hear how it went. Take care, Kathy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register