Waiting List Dilema! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting List Dilema! Waiting List Dilema!

Unread 03-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Waiting List Dilema!

Hi Everyone,

I finally made my decision to go ahead with the surgery, for severe dysplasia/CIN III. I had a cone and one doctor thinks I could just "watch and see" for a while with paps every 3 months etc. Anyway, after thinking it over for about a month, I decided to get it over with, I'm 43 and don't plan on having anymore kids or anything, but as soon as I called, on March 11, they told me the doctor could do it the 28th or 29th of this month, but they were waiting for an OR. Well, there are no openings, so I'm kinda on a "waiting list" in case someone cancels surgery at the U of MN.

Here's my dilema, my doctor will be gone from Apr 1-17, so the next date she has open is the 19th, I could go ahead and schedule it for then, but that's exactly one month from my parent's anniversary. I know that everyone says you need 6 weeks to recuperate, but how do you really feel after a month?
Would I be able to attend at all, or would I not be feeling up to it yet? I also told them I'd do their cake.

I could also schedule it for after May 19th, but my 20 year old daughter will be going back to college in June, and won't be able to stay with me and help with the 5 yr old.

I could just have the paps every three months and see what happens, but I don't like the idea of having them, or sitting around waiting for the results every three months!

I've also been thinking that if it doesn't work out for this month, maybe that's God's way of telling me not to do it, since I've been reminded by lots of you that everything happens for a reason!

I just hope I get more than a few days notice. Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Waiting List Dilema!

about 8 years ago I had carcinoma in situ - doc advised hyst. instead i had cone and paps every three months then 1 a year till last august severe dysplasia came back hyst was done 2-26-02. I am glad I waited . Better job and benefits, easier lifestyle now , baby is 15 years old and most importantly like this doc way better. But that`s me.
depending on surgery and you- everyone heals diferently. I would not plan on being able to make the cake but you probably will be able to be there for the anniv. party.
Talk it over more with Doc if you can - about what type of surgery and recovery time. PRAY.
Good luck Paula
Unread 03-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Waiting List Dilema!

If you will have to travel far, fly on plane or such, it may be quite hard on you. I went recently to wedding out of town, by plane. I am about 3 mo post and can say it was o.k. but no picnic. I would not have wanted to do that at 4 weeks. If it is a short car trip and esp. if someone else wil drive I'd say chances are good that you will be able to go. No guarantees, of course.

Don't plan on doing the cake! Order one instead.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register