D&C, Hysteroscopy Question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

D&C, Hysteroscopy Question D&C, Hysteroscopy Question

Unread 03-19-2002, 10:31 AM
D&C, Hysteroscopy Question

Hello Ladies:

I am having a D&C and Hysterscopy Friday. Are there usually any problems after? I am going on a mini-vacation 6 days later, and hopefully will be feeing great. Someone told me they had bleeding for a week following her procedures.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 10:36 AM

Hi Bikerlady:

Yes, you probably will have some bleeding/spotting which could last up to about a week after the hysterescope, DnC procedures.

You shouldn't have any problems with your mini-vacation.
Unread 03-19-2002, 10:43 AM

Thanks!

Dr. said that he wanted to do this now, then do my hyster in about 2 months. I plan on being on this site day and night !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 11:04 AM

Hi Bikerlady:

I had the hysterscope and DnC in Sept 01, then the Thermal Balloon Ablation in Nov, because they didn't find any polyps or fibroids, then the hysterectomy in Feb, as you can see by my signature they found the Adenomyosis AFTER the hyst.

I was supposed to have the hyst also after the hysterscope, but since it was close to the holidays, I wanted to try the Ablation first, since the bleeding seemed to be benign in nature...

I also found this site before my hysterscope and DnC too!!
Unread 03-19-2002, 11:04 AM

We are all different here in what we experience. I had a D&C, without the Hysteroscopy. I was expecting to spot and have problems. I did have a small amount of spotting before I left the hospital, but once I got home, I didn't have any more. I was all prepared to just sit and rest that night, but I felt good enough to go out to dinner with DH and DD. (They were going to do carry-in for us). But I think you'll be fine for the mini vacation in 6 days.
Unread 03-19-2002, 04:14 PM

I had a D&C, hysterscopy and thermal ablation on a Thurs, did the grocery shopping on Sun and back to work on Monday! My procedure was done at 7:30 AM and I was home at 10 AM, I was so surprised! Of course the first 2 days I took it very easy, but I think you will be OK for a mini vacation. Just take your "supplies", as every one has a different outcome as far as bleeding/spotting goes. Good luck!

Unread 03-19-2002, 04:50 PM

Add me into the women who had no problem after a D&C and hysteroscopy. I had it on Fri, went grocery shopping on Sat (almost missed my Drs follow up call Sat afternoon!) and back to work on Monday.

Gee, do you think I can do the same after my TAH/BSO???

Caren
Unread 03-20-2002, 04:28 AM

Caren

All those things can get done.....with you as supervisor from your new throne! The big secret is delegate, delegate, delegate......or you can have my attitude "Just don't care!"
I had a TVH-BSO, and although I feel I did well in my recovery, it was a totally different game plan. Good luck with your castle visit!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register