You all are awesome | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You all are awesome You all are awesome

Unread 03-19-2002, 04:25 PM
You all are awesome

Since my last post, started the Lupron for my severe menstrual migraines, severe bleeding and all that. I am happy to say that my insurance has agreed to repaying me the cost of the shot. I am also happy to report that the shot has done wonders for me and that I have been migraine free since the 4th of March (which by the way is a worlds record for me). I have done so much reading here and very pleased of all the sharing of experience, knowledge and guidence here. My other piece of good news is that I go for my consult for surgery on the 3rd of April. I can't believe that finally I will have a life again after 7 horrible years. I am so looking forward that it seems so long. I will be having everything removed by the way.

I just have to say that thanks to all, and I am happy, happy

Sharon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 04:51 PM
You all are awesome

Hey there! Yes, this place is great and the ladies are just fantastic!

I too am on Lupron (for microscopic endometriosis). I have had side effects that include: vaginal dryness, mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes, insomnia, joint aches and pains and even get light headed at times. I am not sure if the light headedness is being caused from the Lupron or something else. It's not enough to warrant a call to my doc, as lying down for 30 minutes or so and sipping water normally helps relieve most of it (tho I am not dehydrated). I am on Trazodone for the insomnia and happy to report it is working wonderfully.

You said you are on Lupron, when did you start the therapy? Have you noticed any side effects? I didn't start noticing the side effects till I had been on the Lupron for 3 weeks. I started it on February 15th and last shot was March 15th. Doc didn't want to have me take it for any longer than 2 months (even tho the normal is 3-6). She doesn't like the side effects of it. I am thankful she doesn't want me to take it any more, as I don't like the effects of it either. I was having persistent RLQ (right lower quadrant) pain and have since noticed much of it is gone. I still have some pain episodes, and they can last up to 2 days at a time. Thankfully, I have pain pills to help (OTC's didn't help, nor did 800 mg Motrin or 500 mg Naprosyn).

Anyways, I am rambling too much about myself, and apologize. It is sort of nice to see someone else taking Lupron. A lot of women refuse it, and I can't say I blame them. Had I been able to get hyster done sooner than 4/23, I wouldn't of had started on it. I will be having a TVH and looking forward to being pain free and able to enjoy my family and life again.

Hop on into the hystersisters chat room! Everyone there is great and you can get lots of questions answered, and have some fun while at it. Hope to see you there!

Best Wishes. Let us know how everything goes for you. We will be here for you every step of the way. Also, feel free to private message me. Looking forward to talking with you soon.

Amy
Unread 03-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Sharon

I am thrilled to hear that you have not had anymore migrains. Man i know how they feel and you must be so relieved that you haven't had anymore.
My very best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Mate from here on in it is going to get better and better. dSoon to be a new woman. Hugs Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 05:12 PM
You all are awesome

(((Hi, Sharon)))

I'm glad that you are free of the migraine pain and that your insurance company is paying the costs related to the Lupron shots. I can't even begin to imagine what the constant pain must have been like, so I'm really happy for you that it has helped.

Be sure to let us know when you have a surgery date, and keep on reading and be sure to keep on posting any questions or concerns that you might have.

(((Hi, Amy)))

I'm so sorry that you had side effects from the Lupron, and that you are still experiencing some pain. You will be a very happy when you are finally on the other side!! In the meantime, your suggestion to Sharon to join you in the chat room to help the time go by is great!!

I'll be thinking about you and hoping for pain-free days for you both very soon.

's

Karen
Unread 03-19-2002, 05:46 PM
You all are awesome

Amy

I too am sorry for your side affects, maybe I am not noticing any from my end cause I am just so happy for not having the migraines. I was miserable along with everyone around me. I have had hospitalizations from my migraines because they don't clear up and I can't stop heeving my guts out.

I hope you get your relief very soon.

Take care

I have heard many different opinions of the Lupron
Unread 03-19-2002, 06:26 PM
You all are awesome

I am glad you have had relief. I cant say I "hate" the lupron and its side effects, just not willing to do it for more than what I have to. Best wishes. Hope you continue to have relief from the migraines.

Amy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register