swelly belly, adipose and bed hair - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelly belly, adipose and bed hair swelly belly, adipose and bed hair

Unread 03-20-2002, 07:17 PM
swelly belly, adipose and bed hair

Your comments have all been great. Yes I did get the swelly belly info on the "Why do I have a new Waistline" archived thread. My post title also said bed hair but I was so tired I never got to it. Here goes::hair: The other concern I am having is the "bed hair" or "bed head" issue. I go nuts every seven or so years and cut my hair and instantly regret it, vowing never to do it again. Long hair is so much easier. I am a wash and wear kind of girl but since my last episode of losing my memory and cutting it all off I have high maintenence hair. I consider high maintenence anything more than 120 seconds with the blow dryer or anything involving mousse or hair spray. God forbid any skill in styling is involved.:hair: So now that I have already put myself in this horrific situation, I am thinking about not being able to do justice and long suffering bad hair days until it either grows back or I am sufficiently recovered to stand more than 5 minutes with the blow dryer, brush, mousse and all that other gear. You see, my idea of make up is chapstick. My idea of a hairdo is a well positioned ponytail."hair: My idea of dressed is jeans and a t-shirt with no stains. I am truly looking forward to jammies all day but my visitors may be scared off by the unruly yet hort tufts on my head!
Peace and hugs to all the ladies in waiting!
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 07:38 PM

OOh! That last line was SHORT tufts on my head. Sorry
Donna
Unread 03-20-2002, 09:26 PM
bed hair

My surgery was not until 2:30, did not have to be at the castle til 12:30. So I had a lot of time on my hands while trying to think of not eating or drinking. So I thought hey why not pamper yourself before you go to the castle. I pampered my self with lotions and "clear " nail polish. Since I couldn't wear make-up, I thought I would fix my hair up so I would be looking goooood.
I must say I was having a good hair day haha. After Surgery my sweet and caring brother came to see me after I had just got out of recovery. Always has to tease me, the first words out of his mouth were what is up with your hair????? I was so out of it I didn't even care. Then later that night I did get up to use the bathroom and oh gosh my hair looked like I ironed one side of it and waxed the other side to stand straight up. I even had to laugh. I am just glad no one had a camera. HAHA. DH knew better he just stood and held my hand.

Kathy
lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 04:54 AM

Hi Donna, The good news about your hair is that you'll have plenty of time to play with it???? Bad answer huh? I hate high maintenance hair myself. Every time I go to get mine trimmed I look at my hairdresser as she reaches for the "volumizer" and say "unh uh". My own experience was that since I wasn't comfortable lying on my side for two weeks after surgery I just had flat head in the back and if I left my head on the pillow no one would notice. The one thing I haven't seen anywhere is this and I may be the only one that had this problem: I stood with the blow dryer after the first shower. for me. I've been sitting in a chair every time I dry my hair ever since. Some women can let their hair go and have nice curls or symetrical waves --- ohhh but noooooo, I have "doingers". I've reverted to a center part, bangs to my eyebrows and tuck it behind my ears. If I take off my bifocals I look great!
Unread 03-21-2002, 06:17 AM

Hey kath227, the day of my surgery they didn't even want lotions. The nurse asked a couple of times, she said you have nothing at all on the body. All I did that morning was just take a shower, no body lotion, but I don't know why they were concerned with lotions.
Unread 03-21-2002, 06:35 AM

Oh yeah! Almost forgot about those issues didn't we! Check with your doctor regarding the policy they have on: lotions, fingernail polish, fake nails and shaving yourself preop. That's a "thing" with each doc and institution.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register