New here! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Thanks Christine!

When I was reading your post, it was like taking a look at my own life! I can't believe the size and amounts of clots that I pass. Sometimes, I get phyiscally sick just seeing them in the toilet or on my "super-size overnight pads" which I have to wear everyday of my period. I have always been a tampon user as well, but found that those nasty clots still got by that! YUCK! I have to admit, I've been getting very nervous. I really shouldn't though, because on Jan. 25th my husband, Nate, donated 1/2 of his liver to his friend! That was a MAJOR, major surgery and they both made it without any problems. On the other hand, today my husband was telling me that he didn't really want me to have to go through surgery and maybe I should try an ablation again....well it didn't work the first time. I know he is sympathetic to what I go through every month, and knows how bad it drags me down and can't get off the couch, so he has to take care of the house and kids, etc. That is why I was surprised to hear that he really doesn't think I should have the TVH. He must just be worried about my being put under and all. I had my gall-bladder out when my son who is 4, was 4 weeks old and I made it through that, so why is he so worried about this? Thanks for listening and good luck with your surgery and let me know how it goes. I'm sure God will look out for you and I will pray for you as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 02:09 PM
I think we all feel the same

Thats what I love about this site. You think your alone with all the feeling & mixed emotions you feel.It takes a tol on you physically & emotionally.I am scheduled for my hyst on April 15th. I will be 33 on the 21st of April. I am in so much pain as well.I have been having extremely heavy bleeding for almost a yr. I have had 4 laps before for endo. I pass very large clots ...bigger then golf balls.It's disgusting It affects my daily life...so I know how you feel.So many time I would wake up just laying in blood..or in the grocery store & have to leave very quickly.Or I'll just be sitting down ...go to get up ..& feel these disgusting clots pass. I will be very glad when its all over.Just not to have to go through all that anxiety again ! Everything we are feeling & all the doubts we have are normal considering what we are having done .It helped me make a list of the pro's & con's of this precedure.The pro's had it beat by a long shot. I can't wait to be a
I wish you the best of luck! Keep in touch & let us know how your doing ! Take care
Unread 03-21-2002, 02:59 PM
New here!

Dear Jodie,

I certainly can understand your ambivalent feelings! I was telling my sister the other day that I'm afraid I won't feel like I'm female anymore after the surgery!! She can't relate, since she wants a hysterectomy but the doctors aren't advising her to have one yet.
However, if they gave her the green light to go ahead and have it done, I'll be she would be feeling just like we are!

I'm sure after our surgeries are over, we will so much healthier and happier - its just very nerve-racking before hand! I've been having nightmares where I'm wake up in the middle of the night thinking that I'm late for my surgery! Or that I forgot I wasn't supposed to eat and had a big breakfast the morning of my surgery!! Your mind can sure play tricks on you! Good luck - I know you'll do great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 03:25 PM
New here!

Hi Everyone,
I am 53 and even though I am much older I am now getting worried about my hysterectomy. I have suffered with severe bleeding and cramping for the last few years. The doctor has tried medications and D& C and feels that it is time for the hysterectomy. I totally agreed but now feel frightened. The doctor said the uterus is too large to be removed through the vagina so I am afraid of cutting my already weak stomach muscles.

I have God for strength but I am grateful for messages boards like this because I need support from people too.

Tignet
Unread 03-21-2002, 03:36 PM
New here!

Dear Tignet,

I'm in the same boat - no vaginal hysterectomy for me either! My cervix refuses to cooperate with the doctor!! Even though recovery time is a little longer when they make an abdominal incision, I've heard there is less chance of trauma to adjacent organs (like the bladder, etc.) so I'm trying to concentrate on the good part! Good luck and God bless you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register