surgery rescheduled | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery rescheduled surgery rescheduled

Unread 03-20-2002, 10:45 AM
surgery rescheduled

Hi everyone....... I had a horrible day yesterday. After being told monday at pre op my surgery had been moved from Thursday to Tuesday. Well, went through all the horrible drinking stuff and went to the hospital at 6am Tuesday morning. Well, just to get medicated and everything to find out we are going to have to reschedule until April. Now, I am really depressed and sad I have to wait another month to get this over with.
It's a long story of everything and still don't want to talk about it. But I can tell you if the surgical ward is hectic the day you have surgery and you have a temp of over 100 which I did, come to find out guess I was catching a "bug" or something plus they couldn't get my blood pressure to come down, which I take medicine for, but I guess yesterday it decided not to work. I don't know. My faith is good and strong. Maybe HE thought yesterday wasn't the day for me. But, now my doctor is having to go out of town for a couple of weeks so I can't see him until the 2 monday of April then we go from there.
Ladies, all of you have been so supportive and I ask you now what do I do from here. I know I have the waiting to go through again. And all of you are right, the waiting is the worst part. So I ask you to help me get through this month, so I can finally become a princess.
I will talk with you later........ Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 11:48 AM
surgery rescheduled

Hi Tammy,

I am so sorry you got so far as the hospital and had to be cancelled. I can only imagine the pain you are in over it. I know everyone will continue to for you and send you mounds of 's to help you through this. When I had breast surgery in December, I had a slight fever and minimal coughing. Two weeks later I had pneumonia and thought I would die every time I coughed. The pain in my breast from coughing was excruciating. I can only imagine what it would feel like in the stomach. I don't know if you are coughing but maybe this is one of those blessings in disguise.

Keep posting and I know the sisters will help you get through this. Let us know how you are doing, O.K.?

God bless,
Unread 03-20-2002, 03:39 PM
Hi Tammy

I am so sorry you have had a delay. However, I would hate to see you go through this if you were ill and have any unnecessary complications or discomfort.
Of course we will all be here for you as you wait and prepare for your new date. I will pray it comes together quickly for you.
Please use the forums and chat to help keep your spirits up.
Take good care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Thank you

Hi everyone... I just wanted to say my spirits are better this afternoon than they were this morning. I called my sister in TX and we talked for a long time. She had a TAH when she was 31 which was about 15 years ago. We talked how things had changed from back then until now. It felt really good to talk to her. She was telling me they cut her from belly button down. I told her they were going to cut me across. What is it called a bikini cut? She had a TAH for the same reason as me. Endometriosis.
Thank you so much for letting me vent about this. I still feel frustrated about everything. I'm sure everyone knows how I feel. Or at least some people.
I will talk to everyone later.... I will post regularly to keep you updated on my new date and it had better go through this time. It's like when you are pregnant and go to the hospital to find out it's false labor. That's how I feel now.
My husband said, "we were just testing the waters to see how it felt." Made me laugh.
Bye for now, Tammy

PS. I've been trying to get the smilies on my postings and it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how it's done the right way. Thanks.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register