Hysterectomy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Hysterectomy

Hi Ladies, I just went in for a laparoscopy and a hysterscopy yesterday and my Dr. only did the lapar. He has scheduled me for a complete hyster. ovaries and everything I am only 39 and I am scared to death, So I really need some support, I found this site while looking up info and I thought I would find someone that maybe can be helpful to me. I am to go to my Drs. Friday to schedule the hyster. Any support or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Hysterectomy

I understand how you are feeling. Do you think you need a second opnion?
This is a great place for help.
at the home page go to the scroll down menu for LIW. You will find lot`s of info to start you off . Get all the info you can- search the net, borrow or read books on Hyst . Good bless
Paula
Unread 03-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Hysterectomy

Welcome and s Shopbunny! We're here to help allay your fears and answer any questions we, in our humble, non-professional minds are able. I had my tah/bso 1/14/02 and am on a 12 wk. leave. I guess, (if I get this posted in time) I have the honor to tell you what you will hear often. The waiting is the worst part. Is there a special reason your dd (dear doctor) has changed your plan of treatment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 12:27 PM
Hysterectomy

Oh, and we're incredibly funny too -- sometimes. Like when one of us THINKS she'll be the first to welcome you!
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Hysterectomy

Hi, Shopbunny -

I'll chime in here with a welcome. Please realize that being scared is very very normal - this is major surgery. And, as Willowone says, the waiting is really the worst part. Please don't be afraid to ask questions, read as much as you can on this site, ask your doctor questions. You'll find tons of support here :-)
Unread 03-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Hysterectomy

Hi chelbrut and welcome to the best place around for info, support and hugs!

It's very unnerving to hear this surgery is looming. You didn't mention what your diagnosis is, but I agree, a second opinion is ALWAYS a valuable tool for making the right decision for YOU. Please consider getting at least one other opinion!

On the Pull Down menus on our home page that Lucy2 mentioned you will find a list you can print out of good pre-op questions. Keep reading here, and add your own questions to the list. Be sure to bring it with you, and a pad & pen to write down the answers. Keep asking until you are very clear on what the plan will be! We must be our own advocates... this is a huge, life-altering surgery and you need to really be 100% sure it's the right decision for you.

We will all be here to help you every step of the way, so keep reading and posting and ask every question you have. Use our search engine (little purple button at the top of each page) to look up terms you're not sure about. Stop by chat and meet some other pre-op ladies in real time!!

So glad you found us!!!

Karen
Unread 03-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Hysterectomy

Hi chelbrut,
So glad you found us! In addition to all the other great advice you've gotten so far, think about having your DH or another close friend/relative go with you to your appointment on Friday. I found that it was really helpful to have my DH there, hearing what my gyn was telling me and helping me remember everything afterwards. Our minds have a way of shutting down when we hear things that may be scary, etc. Plus, this gave my DH a chance to get to know my gyn too.

Keep reading and posting. We'll be here for you, every step of the way.

Beth
Unread 03-21-2002, 04:44 AM
Hysterectomy

Once again welcome! I understand exactly how you feel. I am only 38 and had been putting off the idea of a Hysterectomy for 3 years! But I know that this is the best thing for me for a better quality of life. The being scared part is very normal. I knew that I was going to have to have this done and didnt get nervous until the doctor actually gave me a date. Now I find myself near tears everyday! Crazy, huh? But this site has been a great help. You will find that just reading about others like you will help you to make an informed decision for yourself. I will keep you in my prayers.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register