spanish speaker looking for support | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

spanish speaker looking for support spanish speaker looking for support

Unread 03-20-2002, 05:13 PM
spanish speaker looking for support

my name is zoila, and i am going to have a VAH on April 1st. i do not spaek much english, but i need information and support. i have many doubts and fears because of my lack of information. i would like to know the pro's and cons of this operation. if you speak spanish it would be great, but support in english would also help. thank you, zoila.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 05:26 PM

Dear Zoila,

Welcome to Hystersisters!! I am sorry that I do not speak Spanish, but some of the ladies here do, and I hope that one of them will respond to you.

However, I do want to tell you that your English is excellent!! If you are able to read English as well as you write it, please go to the main page on this site, and scroll down to the drop-down menus for pre-op and post op ladies. There are many hints that may help you.

Please also post your questions here and we will try to help.

I'm glad that you found us.

's

Karen
Unread 03-20-2002, 05:26 PM

Hi Zoila!

I replied to the Private message you sent me, but I see that you did not read it - I'm sorry - I know there will be gals along soon who will be able to help.

Spanish speaking gals: could you please explain to Zoila how to retrieve her PMs - there is also a Spanish speaking hostess who has sent her a Private Message that she has not seen as well.

Thank you -

Zoila, sending big hugs and blessings to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 05:27 PM

HI there!

I do not speak much spanish at all.. only know a few words, not enough to get by. Just wanted to tell you to read the boards on this site. You will get a lot of information. I am sure there is at least one spanish speaking lady on this site. Hope someone comes along that can help you. Best Wishes!

Amy
Unread 03-20-2002, 05:38 PM

Hi Zoila. My surgery is on April 1st too. I wish you all the best. I will say a prayer that all goes great for you.
Unread 03-20-2002, 07:34 PM
¡Bienvenida, Zoila!

Hola Zoila,

Como estas? Yo hablo un poco de espanol, pero mi gramatica es muy mal! ...mi mama era Panamena.

Entiendo que estas nerviosa, como casi todo quienes van a tener este operacion. La cosa mas importante, yo creo, es entender que necesitas mucho paciencia con la recuperacion...es sirugia mayor. La primera parte de recuperacion es a lo menos 6-8 semanas. Durante de esto tiempo hay que descansar mucho, caminando un poco cada dia.

Despues, tal vez va a estar cansada para uno o dos meses mas, en me experencia. Despues de 8 meses, yo estaba totalmente bien.

Mi sirugia era Julio de 2000. Yo siento muy bien ahora, bastante mejor como antes.

Quisiera decir bienvenido aqui!

Abrazos,
Unread 03-20-2002, 09:12 PM

Hi, Zoila -

I just wanted to send you my support! It is normal to be scared and to have doubts and fears. Also, your English is very very good!!! I took Spanish in school many years ago, but can't speak or write it as well as you are doing in English :-)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register