Had to cancel vacation | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had to cancel vacation Had to cancel vacation

Unread 03-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Had to cancel vacation

I just found this site tonight...and I love it! I found it by doing a search for happy and hysterectomy! I am scheduled for a TAH for April 1; I have numerous fibroids, heavy periods, and because of that, I am severely anemic. I had some blood work done Tuesday prior to leaving on a one week vacation to sunny Florida, and the doctor advised me that my iron is lower than it has been (I'm taking iron supplements, so don't know where it's going) and she HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I not go far, because if I begin bleeding, I would need an emergency hysterectomy as I have no iron reserve. I asked if she considered Florida far (from New York) and of course the answer was yes...so vacation was cancelled. I was so upset...I was really looking forward to a chance to relax and not think of the upcoming surgery, but guess it wasn't meant to be. So here I am, waiting, in the 33 degree cold weather..and imagining I could be in Florida...

I love this site and will be visiting it daily. Thanks so much for all the wonderful ideas and information. It has been extremely helpful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Had to cancel vacation

So sorry you didn't get to take that vacation! I wish you the best though. I am one of your April 1st surgery hystersisters Prayers for your smooth recovery. Just think of all the renewed energy you will have once you aren't anemic anymore. You will be romping around the beaches in Florida on your next vacation!
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Had to cancel vacation

Good luck to both of you! I am having a TAH on 3/28. I am glad that you found this site. It is really terrific. Make sure you visit the helpful hints for pre and post op suggestions on how to make your recovery easier. By focuing on getting organized for your return home it actually to minimize the anxiety.

I'll see you on the other side!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register