NOW this.......... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NOW this.......... NOW this..........

Unread 03-21-2002, 06:25 AM
NOW this..........

surgery is in one month....today I am going to primary dr's office to see his physican's assitant because I think I may have a sinus and or ear infection have off and on pain shooting from the outer part of my ear (the bendable part) and head and some face pain/nasal and pressure in my ear... I am soo mad... I had the sniffiles, I used one of those saline sprays for a few days... it had the top off of it, I used it without thinking about all the times it had fallen onto the floor and it was probably dirty.... now this... I hope the PA knows what she is doing.. I've only seen my doctor...never a PA but this is important I need to nip this thing in the bud if there is an infection...
my question I know sometimes they aren't sure if its an infection but will give antibotics anyway... will this affect my health for surgery??? I know that antibotics kill both good and bad cells.... I am sooooo **** angry/nervous.. I do go see my primary for my pre surgery physical on april 9 but that is sooo close to my date of april23, which is a date I have been waiting for because my original date was march 27....
Please, anyone with a good idea clue me in ok????
thanks
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 07:56 AM
antibotics

Hello!

I just wanted to put in my "two cents"! lol I was on many types of antibotics for infected teeth right before my surgery and had no problems. I told my doctor what I was taking and he didn't have a problem with it. In fact, maybe all the "extra" made for a more speedy recovery?!
Sorry to hear you are having other illnesses on TOP of everything. Hope to see you here again and get better soon!

Amelia
Unread 03-21-2002, 08:46 AM
NOW this..........

I had a bad ear infection the week before my surgery. I'd gone on a trip and because of the fluid in my ear and the plane ride, I'd really messed my ear up. They put me on antibiotics, zpack which is only five days. I had no problems from it, got no infection after surgery or anything. I was afraid they were going to cancel my surgery because of it, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register