Surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Surgery

hello, i'm new to this. i am going to have my surgery on april 3rd, after battling chronic pelvic/ovary pain for a year. i'm very nervous about how i will feel after my surgery. this is the only place i go for support-hystersisters. so scared, lonely for someone who understands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Welcome Lori

We are so glad you have found us. First let me extend a big welcome
I am sorry you have had so much pain this past year. But very glad there is an end to the pain coming up soon for you.
I have been very fortunate with a very successful surgery and excellent recovery. I am just over 3 weeks post op and am feeling very good. I wish the same for you too!
No need to feel lonely on this journey. Lot's of kind hearts to share support and experiences.
Have you been in the chatroom? It's pretty great too.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
You're going to do just great.
Unread 03-21-2002, 03:59 PM
Surgery

Hi, Lori -

We ALL understand here, because we've all been through it in one form or another! I didn't write on this board till my surgery was over, but I read and read and found lots of great information about what to expect before, during and after. Read, ask questions, and think of that pain you've been battling being GONE!

It is very normal to be scared! Most of us were - you're not alone. This is an unknown, and is major surgery.

As for how you will feel after the surgery, everyone is different. Click on my link below to read my story, and read others. I have had a very smooth recovery so far (not that I've felt perfect, mind you, but considering what this puts our bodies through, I'm doing really well), and so have many others.

Try to have a positive attitude - it will help a lot (that doesn't mean being stoic - I did my share of crying and was very very scared, but still basicly kept positive).

Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Surgery

(((Lori)))

Have you ever come to the right place! We'll be right here for you every step of the way. Remember, you have a right to feel good. Sounds like you've suffered quite a bit.

Don't be afraid to ask questions - or ask for support or hugs. Come join us in the chat room - for real time comfort and support. Lots of laughs and cyber hugs when needed also!

Best wishes!
Unread 03-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Surgery

(((((Lori)))))

Welcome to HS!! I'm SO glad you found us!

I had a TAH on Nov 29-01, and I can honestly say that I feel GREAT!! My only regret is waiting SO long to have it done.

Please read the posts and ask questions...NO question is to silly to ask us! I agree with the other sisters, stop by the Chat Room, it's a WONDEFUL place to get "real time" support and hugs!!

Hope to see you there, and remember, you are NOT alone...you have all of your new sisters holding your hand through your journey.

Love 's and ers
Unread 03-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Surgery

Just adding my HUG to the group hug you've gotten here already!
Please keep reading, keep posting all your questions, and we'll all be here to help you through this every step of the way!

Remember, you are NEVER alone...your hystersisters are with you 24/7!!!!!

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register