new here - LAVH to be done 3/29/02 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here - LAVH to be done 3/29/02 new here - LAVH to be done 3/29/02

Unread 03-21-2002, 03:48 PM
new here - LAVH to be done 3/29/02

This is all new to me!! I was told two days ago that I should have a hyst. for prolonged bleeding (weeks!) that even an emergency D&C didn't take care of. I'm scheduled a week from tomorrow and dh and I will see the dr. this Tues. to ask questions and hear more about the surgery. What questions did you ask your dr. about hyst. and/or LAVH? Please reply soon. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Hi Sue

Welcome and let me start with a

I am so glad you found us. This is a big and scary step for most of us. We are here for you.

There are pull down menu's on the home page that will link you into lot's of great information. Here is a link to the pre-op questions you might wish to ask:

We're here to answer anything we can. The chatroom is a great place to find support as well.

So many of us have had successful surgeries and recoveries and we pray that you will too!

Unread 03-21-2002, 04:31 PM

Hi, Sue - Shelly's given you the link you'll want. I just wanted to add to ask about the type of anesthesia that will be used - there are several options, and each has pros and cons. An anesthesiologist at the hospital can give you lots of information about that.

Also, if you have more questions after your preop, don't hesitate to call the doctor's office. I called a number of times. And read things on this web site, and ask us questions, too.

Good luck - you'll do fine and feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2002, 04:42 PM

Hi Sue!

Welcome to the best site on the web. You will be so thankful you found us! We're here to help you every step of the way. Remember, no question is too silly!

It sounds like things are going fast for you - but you'll be glad to not have a long wait. There is so much great information available here on the site - do lots of searching and posting. Join us in chat - for real time comfort and support.

Hugs, and best wishes!
Unread 03-21-2002, 07:15 PM

Hi Sue. I'm also scheduled for the same procedure on 3/21 - I JUSt found out a few days ago. Sounds like you've already gotten some great advice, I really just wanted to offer my support & tell you that I truly know how you must be feeling. I wish you the best in your quest for info...keep asking questions over & over again......and then again until you feel compfortable. I hope your surgery is successful and that you have a much better quality of life after. Take care! - Amy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register