The nerves are kickin' in! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The nerves are kickin' in! The nerves are kickin' in!

Unread 03-21-2002, 10:15 PM
The nerves are kickin' in!

I have 2 more weeks to go... eeeeeek I bought my new larger panties tonight... ugh! My 8 year old went with me and she knows I wear a small or a size 5, but I told her tonight to help me find some 7's or larges.. Well, there we are in Sears and she's not 2 feet from me, but felt the need to yell across the store "Hey mom, here are some LARGE underwear, will they be big enough for ya?" LOL I about died laughing! When I took them up to the counter, they lady looked at me kinda funny, I wanted to tell her, "Hey, I like to have undies big enough to cover my boobs as well as my butt"... At my age, I wasn't about to explain that I'm having a hyster! LOL All I hear now is, YOU ARE SO YOUNG! ugh I wanna slap those people that say that.... Anyways, I feel as if I will never get everything ready in time.. I have tons of laundry to do, meals to fix and freeze, ect.. I just can't seem to drag myself outta CHAT! hahaha So, here I am. Got the undies, but that's about it... Guess I should get moving?

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 02:50 AM
Out of the mouths of babes

Julie

Too funny. I'm still smiling. The mental picture of it all!

Seriously, take a deep breath, get done what you can pre op, but don't forget to get rested up before your op as well.

No doubt I will catch up with you in the chat room soon.

Cheers
Gail
aka buckkieofoz
aka HSChat Gail
Unread 03-22-2002, 03:10 AM

Hi Julie,

Maybe the Chat Team can put you on a timer and kick you out after you've been there for a couple of hours and not let you back in until you promise that you did a load of laundry, cooked one dish, etc.?

Seriously, you'll be fine - everything will get done and what doesn't, won't really make that much difference. As Buckkie said, it's important to be rested, too.

I'm still giggling thinking about your DD in the store!!

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 08:21 AM
Gotta Laugh

Aren't kids great. It is good to find some humor in these situations.
My knickers weren't exactly small to begin with but the big one's are really granny drawers. I am determined to throw away all the big old undie's one of these days and do my first shopping spree at Victoria Secret's!
I really am a grandma and my grandson is always asking me about when I was a little girl and the dinosaurs were here!
Keep those wonderful spirits up.
Unread 03-22-2002, 09:58 PM

SeaShelly,I was smiling when I read the last line of your post..last summer, my grandson Phoenix (he was about 4 1/2) and I had just finished reading a book about the terrible Tyrannosaurus Rex... he sat for a minute and then said, "Cyn,(he never calls me Gram) when you were small,were you ever afraid when the dinosaurs chased you??"

I just said,"oh,no,I was always faster than those old dinosaurs..they never could get me.."

thanks for making me remember that moment..

Cynthia
Unread 03-23-2002, 03:27 AM

I have a good one about the underwear, went into store at teh mall, they had a sale on the "big" underwear. I wear a small too. So I take these huge panties (3-pack) up to the counter, and of course about 5 more people got in line (including men). The sales clerk announces that I can get one FREE! Do I want it? etc..etc..etc.., first I said, no not really, but the clerk kept going on and on. So I look at my mom and send her over to the farthest wall where they were at to get my other Free Pair, she's having trouble finding them. The clerk and the lady behind me keep going "you might as well get them it's a free pair", meanwhile the line has grown, here comes my mom with these hanging panties, the clerk holds them up and says what a great deal I was getting. It's funny now, then, I was so stressed that I wanted to scream.
Unread 03-24-2002, 02:50 AM
While we're talking about undies!!

Loved the story about your daughter--reminded me of when I was pg with my 3rd baby and my water broke at a family picnic. My oldest son (he was 5...that's a great age for this kind of thing I gather!) ran down this trail in a crowded park yelling to his dad that "mommy's uterus broke and all the water is falling out!!!" That got some looks--lol!!!

On the undie topic--one of the ways I'm comforting myself about this whole hyst thing is to dream of going to buy some NICE underwear when it's all over--the FANCY stuff, SILK, you know!! Because now I can, and they will stay nice! I will have the nicest underwear of my life! I will be the Pretty Panty Poster Child!!!

Okay, I'm pretty tired...I should probably go to sleep and not torment all you nice ladies!

Lots of hugs--

Kris
Unread 03-25-2002, 06:58 PM
The nerves are kicking in

At the risk of sounding DUMB, why is there a need for panties 2 or 3 sizes larger? Need to know if I should buy some.

Fayrskye
Unread 03-25-2002, 09:40 PM
Fayrskye

You don't sound dumb at ALL! Lemme tell ya, if I fit into these bigger panties after my surgery, I'm gonny be BOO-HOOIN, like crazy! LOL The reason that I bought them is because I keep hearing about this *swelly belly* and that sometimes women don't fit into their regular size panties, post hyst, for a while.. Also, even if I don't get the swelled belly, I don't think I'll want anything snug touching my tummy right away...

s!!!!!!
Unread 03-26-2002, 03:54 AM

Hi Julie,

I am having a problem going and buying larger underwear right now. I just threw out all kinds of stained and stretched out undies and bought new ones. The worst part is I threw out the old ones because I have lost a lot of weight in the past year and I got tired of having undies that didn't fit anymore. Now I have to go buy some in my old size so I have something to wear when I get home from the castle. My twin sister (hence the board name) had hyst 11 years ago and she says that normal size undies are way too uncomfortable to wear the first couple of weeks or so due to swelly belly.

Good luck to you and keep happy thoughts.

Judy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register