I think I'm going crazy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I'm going crazy I think I'm going crazy

Unread 03-22-2002, 06:27 AM
I think I'm going crazy

I'm down to 4 days, and about 16 hrs, but who's counting....lol I haven't been able to get in but 4 hours of sleep a night. Seems I just keep waking up and then can't get back to sleep. My DS's help me remember what I'm doing cause I forget so easily. Scared myself into thinking I was sick last night with a sore throat....no sore throat this morning. I got my stomach in knots so bad I got sick to my stomach. Since my D&C three weeks ago I have lost 10 lbs. I'm glad the wieght is off since I gained over 20 lbs on Depo Prevera. You would think since I had 6 c-sections that I would know what I'm heading for but deep down something says this is different. Help me ladies I'm going nuts here!!!!! :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 06:36 AM
I think I'm going crazy

Angelindisquise, I can relate to what you are going through. I have 4 1/2 weeks and don't know how I will make it all the way. I keep thinking of how good things will be on the other side, no more pain, bleeding, headaches, nausea....won't life be grand. Hang in there you can make it, we are all routing for you.
Unread 03-22-2002, 07:19 AM
I think I'm going crazy

Dear Angel,
I'm basically a very calm person so I can't relate to losing sleep before my TAH but I can tell you that it really isn't so bad at all. I didn't have a C-section but I did wonder if this is what it was like. I would think a hysterectomy is a little more extensive with the removal of organs. But I can honestly say I didn't feel anything I would call pain, only discomfort. I had a morphine pump which I used for the first 24 hours then went on percocet by mouth. By day two I was going for up to 6 hours between taking the pain pills, just because I was so comfortable.

Try to find things that you really enjoy doing to help you pass away the weekend. I found that cleaning house helped me to keep calm also (strange, I know). Try a nice leisurely bath since it will be weeks before you can have one again. Like everyone here has said, the waiting is the worst part.

Try not to worry (easier said than done) because before you know it, you'll be headed back to work like I am next week and NOT looking forward to it. And, the best part - you can plan your vacations and go out for hours at a time without having to worry about your period!!! It is a wonderful feeling.

Best wishes and lots of hugs for you.

Polly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 07:30 AM
I think I'm going crazy

Thought I would respond to to your fears... I am now a . I came home from the castle on 3/17 (Sunday). I too have had 2 c-sections the last one was 14 yrs ago. I have to say I am doing better after my hsyt. Waiting is truly the hard part. I know not everyone is the same but I was able to go from Sat. evening at 4pm til Sun. at 10am before taking any pain medicine and only did then because of the 30min. ride home. I had a TAH-RSO also took cervix kept left ovary. You will do fine just stay in touch with this wonderful website everyone here is truly a god send. Thoughts and are with you and with the other liw. Take Care!!!

Sherri
Unread 03-22-2002, 07:47 AM
I think I'm going crazy

Hi there. Just wanted to let you know that I experienced the same things. I couldn't sleep , forgot things , tried to talk myself out of doing the surgery (Did I REALLY need it ) etc. I am 4 days post op and feel so much better than I ever expected. Like every one has said before me , the waiting really is the worse part.
Just keep getting support from this wonderful site , don't worry if you don't get your house cleaned before you go ( I did not feel like it and decided that when people come to visit I will just say " See what happens when Mom is out of commission. " I know everyone is different , and recovery is different , but the whole experience for me was not nearly as bad as I had imagined. The morning of my surgery , I was so calm and ready.I hope you experience the same. I remember being wheeled into the OR, having a warmed blanket placed on me and the "A" man telling me that he was going to give me something to relax !! Then I woke up in recovery. My pain was very well controlled and don't worry about asking the nurses for anything you need or want. They want to help you. Best wishes to you !!! I am so glad that I did this. I hope your experience is as good if not better than mine.
Terri
P.S. I also gained 20 pounds on the Depo injection which I was told that the avg gain is 5 pounds. I am glad to know that I am not alone in this and the gain isn't so abnormal. Thanks.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register