Depressed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-22-2002, 01:58 PM
Depressed

I am so depressed. I posted a few hours ago after getting off of the phone with gyn who said that my date is tentative... needs to find an assistant( he told me he had one when I was there a few weeks ago) I am beginning to think he just doesn't want to do the surgery on me for some reason.( my excess weight??)... I am clueless as to why this could be. I do know that before we talked today I asked his nurse to send me a copy of the permission papers... I just thought I'd like to read them.. have no plans for them.. but maybe he didn't like the idea??? I don't know but I called dh at work who was upset for me too and said if he cancels again go back to primary and ask for another gyn .... we'll start all over... that is depressing too.... this guy is suppose to be one of the best he is sooo booked.... I am so confused and depressed... last weekend was the first weekend in a month I didn't use food to calm my worries, anxieties etc and now I think that this weekend is going to be a struggle.
I have planned my whole life for the past 8 months around this operation gone thorugh sooo many tests you all know how it goes... I've had the pain, bleeding etc for years.. I had to quit my job in sept. because it got to be too much pain, blood, etc and too many sick days out. I want to go back to work... I have things I want to do in life and this **** adeno/fibroids are keeping me from it all.....
I'm sorry to go on but I am just so **** sad.
thanks for listening
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Depressed

Sometimes I think doctors forget how agonizing it can be for us to have to wait. The uncertainty and not knowing what is going on is very hard to bear. I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your doctor - he sounds like he is extremely busy. I'm sure he is a very good doctor, but there are others that are just as good and possibly not so busy. I know how hard it would be to change doctors at this point. However, it doesn't sound as if your present doctor has the time to give you the attention you deserve. I will pray for God to help during this time. Good Luck!
Unread 03-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Depressed

Kara,

and a

Hang in there. You're doc sounds like he's a good one, and just very busy. Try to hang in there, keep your chin up. I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated and let us know how things are going with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Yourself

Hello Kara,
I a sorry to hear about your misery. I too feel that you should get a new gyn. You should have someone who is sensitive to your needs. I had a wonderful general doctor who spoke to my gyn about doing the surgery. My gyn is a wonderful man who made me feel comfortable the whole time.
I too had fibroids, and my blood count was at an all time low. I could not function that way anylonger.
This is a serious time for you. You just want your life back, and thats not asking to much.
I wish you all the best.
Dee
Unread 03-22-2002, 03:54 PM
Hi Kara

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with this doctor.
Sending you a big
Yes, even the best surgeons can have little or no bedside manner. I don't think they realize what it is like to be on this end.
You really can interview 2-3 more doctor's and then decide if there is one you would like to switch to. I don't know where you live but I would hope there are a few more good one's out there.
I did in fact switch from the first surgeon I was referred to. He had no bedside manner at all and I was not comfortable with him.He had the entire surgery scheduled and I cancelled the whole thing.
Although it took me a month to get into see my new surgeon because he too was in such demand it only postponed my original surgery date by 11 days.
I am very glad I made my decision as my surgery and recovery have been excellent.
I am sending you much love and support in getting through this. I know it is hard. Hang in there you will make it.
"This too shall pass"
We're here for you. Please keep us posted.
Unread 03-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Depressed

I know exactly how you feel. I finally had to change to another doctor because the previous one who diagnosed my endometriosis and fibroids decided she wanted medical management before doing a TAH. It is your body girl---go get another opinion. I did and so thankful!!! My second opinion doctor agreed I should not have to suffer any longer and you should not either! If you ever need to talk---please know i am only an email away. You are in my thougths and prayers!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register