easing waiting time | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

easing waiting time easing waiting time

Unread 03-22-2002, 04:09 PM
easing waiting time

I had told my husband that after my surgery, and after I can drive, that I will be able to go to the Wild Animal Park (we live near there in San Diego County) to do my walking, and feed the lorikeets (cutest bird in the whole word!).

And he said, how about next Saturday (before my surgery on Monday). How great is that? How relaxing and fun!

So...instead of cleaning house, stuff the fridge with groceries, buying grannie panties, try doing something unusual and fun - something you never take the time for....antique shopping, a movie, walk on the beach, walk in the woods, day at the spa, lunch with girlfriends...you get the picture. Imagine the most peaceful, calming thing you could do...then do it! It might also help you sleep peacefully under anesthesia with some pleasant memories upstairs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Caroline

You're awesome. Yes, yes, yes have fun and celebrate life!
The happier and relaxed we go in the easier we come out I do believe.
I am recovering near The Wild Animal Park myself. I think the butterfly atrium is hatching too. Could be very cool indeed.
Wilshing you all the best for your castle visit. Keep us posted.

P.S. If you don't have time to shop for "Granny Drawers", I'll send you mine
Unread 03-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Seeshelly...

Any chance you were in Palomar Pomerado. Did you have a good doctor? I am not particularly scared...but my doctors are new to me because we moved down here from L.A. last year...

I LOVE THE butterfly area! Coool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 04:29 PM
easing waiting time

Hi . I totally agree. I am 4 days post op and feeling really good(TVH/BSO) . Before I went to the hospital , the only thing I did was to make sure my family had clean clothes. My laundry room is in my basement so I wouldn't have to deal with the stairs. I didn't feel like doing house work , getting groceries , cooking ahead, etc.
On Sunday evening before my surgery on Monday am , I went out to eat to my favorite restuarant and then to a movie with my husband and children. It was so much better than sitting at home. I know that some ladies have prep to do that may keep them from going out the evening before , but if you have the chance to go out and have some fun time , do it! ( What you don't get finished before your surgery will be there when you can do it)
To all the LIW , I just want to reinforce what all the sisters had told me , the waiting IS THE WORSE PART!!! Best wishes to all of you !!! And keep coming to this great support site. It really helped me.
Terri
Unread 03-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Caroline

I had my surgery up at Hoag in Newport Beach. I live in Irvine but am recuperating at my Mom's in Vista.
Feel free to email me if I can be of any help.
I am finding more of us in So Cal all the time.
It will be time for a Hystersisters luncheon again soon.
Maybe May would be a good month.
Have fun tomorrow.
Unread 03-22-2002, 05:55 PM
easing waiting time

Thanks for the great ideas. I am one of your hystersisters with the same surgery date and I also need to do something fun that Saturday before surgery too. As a family we are going to celebrate Easter on Good Friday as I have to start my food restrictions on Saturday and then on Easter Sunday I will be doing liquids and the bowel prep for colon surgery. This will work out nicely for us. Our church is even having a Drama on Good Friday, so I won't feel like I missed out on our yearly Easter traditions Our neighborhood is doing there yearly Easter Egg hunt and festivities for the children on that Saturday so that will be fun too. I am going to incorporate some of your ideas, such as the walk in nature, etc. Best wishes to you on your surgery. Prayers too. Oh, and have you thought of anything humorous to do and say to the nurses or doctor since our surgeries are on "April Fool's Day." Something that's just lighthearted and fun to break the ice would be good. I'm still in thinking mode....hummmm

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register