LAVH Surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-22-2002, 04:24 PM
LAVH Surgery

Dear Sisters:
Hi there! Found out that my surgery will be a LAVH with possible anterior repairs. Oh the date is set for May 13 of this year. Have waited so long and now the time seems to be going by fast. Would like to hear any positive words of encouragement
that are offered. It is a big deal for me, but I am looking forward to a new life and a better quality of life. Someone a while back posted about tapes for relaxation, and/or positive visualization. . . Do you know what stores would possible carry
these? How about Walmart???? :
Must run, sure enjoy these posts. I find most of my questions are answered here, by other sisters.
Much love and a to all ladies in waiting.
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 05:44 PM
LAVH Surgery

I had a LAVH 9 days ago and am doing really well. Haven't taken pain meds since this morning. Think positively! I do recommend visualization; I think it made a big difference for me.

Good luck, and hang in there!

Melissa
Unread 03-22-2002, 07:02 PM
LAVH Surgery

Hi Sandy,

I listened to a surgery meditation CD the day before and morning of my surgery. Unfortunately, I borrowed it from a pastor at my church and I can't recall the name of it. But it was very helpful and I do recommend listening to anything that is intended to prepare you for surgery. I don't know if WalMart is the best option for finding this kind of thing. Do you have a Borders nearby? Or Barnes and Noble? Those might be better.

As for having a LAVH, you should do very well since this type of incision is less invasive. I had a TAH/BSO, but in reading the posts here from ladies who had LAVH, they seem to do very well and often spend only one night in the hospital.

Wishing you the best of luck. Keep reading and posting and we'll be here for you, every step of the way.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Tapes for surgery prep

I sent for a tape called Successful Surgery and Recovery by Dr. Emmett E. Miller that I just LOVED! Very relaxing and calming. I highly recommend it! Email me if you want more info. (Sandy, I'll try to send you a message about this.)
Unread 03-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Thankyou Sisters

Thankyou Melissa and Beth for your encouraging words! And, yes, I will give it a shot! (The meditation I mean). Susan I will check out your info, thanks again, I'm sure it will help a lot to calm me down, especially at night when I lay down to sleep, and the worries start. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I bought a tape especially for expecting mothers and it really helped; I also was very fortunate to have a very fast, almost pain free delivery. What hurt the absolute most was the episeotemy!(spelling- you know, where the doc cut me down there and I had stitches) :run 2:

Thanks again

Sandy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register