16 days post op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

16 days post op 16 days post op

Unread 03-22-2002, 07:35 PM
16 days post op

Hi ladies,
I just wanted to encourage you to hang in there and indeed the waiting is harder than the recovery (in my case).

I am feeling good. I have been very careful with my body and done exactly what the doc said to do. My dear family has supplied care, food, love, company, and many other blessings.

My two week check up was on wed and all was great. I am really feeling better than I did before surgery.... and I can almost sleep on my tummy(something I had not done for 20 years).

I took my pain meds when I needed them. I take tylenol now or other over the counter meds. My doc said I might need more medicaiton periodically during recovery.... he said every woman is different. Why did I mention that? To encourage each of you to "talk" to your doctor whenever you have a question!

I was very blessed with excellent care, a great doc, a wonderful family, and a strong faith in God to carry me thru not knowing what we would find inside.

I agree with the others that say to slow down a bit, not worry so much about the house work and to enjoy your family and friends so that you are relaxed and comfy as possible going into your surgery.

This is a wonderful site and I've gained some incredible info here and love the support and love I've gotten here.

God Bless You All,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2002, 07:48 PM
16 days post op

Elaine,
Thanks for the update on your recovery! What a great report

Just remember that even though you are feeling good at 16 days post op, you still have a ways to go. Keep letting your family pamper you ...it sounds like you are. In a couple of months you'll look back and realize how far you have come since surgery. Meanwhile, keep your feet propped up and try to enjoy your "time out." Thanks for encouraging the LIWs.

Beth
Unread 03-23-2002, 02:27 AM
16 days post op

Elaine

What a positive thread. Like you I was kind to my body, followed orders, put my feet up and had an easy recovery. It was about 1/4 as bad as I expected, so what a pleasant surprise.

Now at 14 weeks post, life has returned pretty much to normal, although I am not doing any "heavy" work still. Recovery has been great.

Keep up the good work Elaine!

Regards and all the best.

Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 10:09 AM
adenomyosis?

Beth,
I think that is the term the doc used at my two week post op that I couldnt remember.... could you explain what it is to me or direct me to where I can find the info please? Thanks so much!

I have been very kind to myself... I am blessed in life that I can be and my heart goes out to all of you who dont have it this way with your surgeries. Please do all you can to take it easy and let your bodies heal

I am not doing anything heavy. My doc said if it hurts STOP and dont finish the task... try again in a week or so if it is reasonable in the first place There will be lots of time later to do the "heavy" stuff again, so take it easy now....

Thanks for all the good encouragement here ladies and know that this is the place that you are really cared for, even if you dont feel like it anywhere else in your lives This site is in my blessing book almost every night now

God Bless,
Unread 03-24-2002, 09:29 AM
16 days post op

Hi Elaine,
I'll tell you what I know about adenomyosis ... it is sort of like endometriosis but it is INSIDE your uterus. The inside lining of the uterus (endometrium) is thickened and growing into the muscle tissue. This is basically the definition in The Endometriosis Sourcebook.

Here is what another book says about it (from Fibroids: The Complete Guide to Taking Charge of Your Physical, Emotional, and Secual Well-Being, by Johanna Skilling):
"..it does cause lots of pain and abnormal bleeding. Diagnosing and treating adenomyosis becomes more complicated when you consider that it's rarely the only problem: 50 percent of women with adenomyosis also have fibroids. Many have endometriosis or polyps as well. All of these conditions, as we've seen, can cause bleeding or pelvic pain. As with endometriosis, the only certain way to get a diagnosis of adenomyosis is through a surgical biopsy....As a rule, adenomyosis tends to show up in women between 40 and 50 years old, about 80 percent of women with adenomyosis have at least one child."

Hope this is helpful. I had no idea I had it until after my hyst. The adenomyosis was diagnosed via the pathology report.

Beth
Unread 03-24-2002, 09:49 AM
16 days post op

Beth,
Thanks so much. That helped me understand it. Mine also was not diagnosed before. At least I think this is the term he used... I was just so thankful there was no cancer that I guess I stopped listening... I will ask again next time.

I had fibroids also. And the uterus was enlarged. That is why I had to have a TAH rather than Vaginally.

Thanks so much again.

God Bless,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register