Surgery on Monday | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on Monday Surgery on Monday

Unread 03-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Surgery on Monday

Hi ladies
I've posted a couple of times in the past couple of months but not lately. My surgery will be on March 25 for a uterine prolapse, cystocele, rectocele, enlarged uterus. excessive bleeding (have had 2 ablations most recent one in Oct 2001) and suspected endo or adhesions. He's going to try a lavh but may have to do an abdominal and even remove ovaries depending on uterus size and endo.
One of my friends from UPRISE suggested I come over and check for things I'll want after surgery, but I'm embarrassed to admit, I can't seem to find the right place to go.
So if anyone can give me a hand I'd appreciate it.
Gretchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 01:54 AM
Best Wishes

Gretchen

Just wanted to wish you all the best for Monday.

If you go to the very front Home Page of Hystersisters, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see drop down boxes with titles like "Ladies in Waiting". Click on the down arrow and highlight where you would like to go. Hope this helps you.

Once again, all the very best wishes for Monday and once you get home, put your princess training to good use - drink fluids, rest, walk a little, then repeat often. Most of all be a pampered princess.

Regards
Gail
Unread 03-23-2002, 08:21 AM
Hi Gretchen

Glad you've rejoined us. Please let us know if you still have questions or trouble finding anything.
We're here for you.
I'll be for you.
Soon a you will be.
Good luck and drop us a post when you get home to let us know how you're doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Thanks Gail

Thanks for the info I will go there right now!
Gretchen
Unread 03-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Surgery on Monday

wishing you the best on monday, as I too will be visiting the castle. One thing that I have learned from my hyster sisters is that you will need a pillow for the ride home and for your recovery. Drink plenty of fluids, rest and walk. You might also want to get a pair of sweats that are bigger than what you would usually wear for the ride home, and bigger panties as well.

My prayer is that you will find peace and comfort with your surgry and that the Lord will fill you with his peace monday morning.

God Bless you
Unread 03-23-2002, 04:53 PM
much appreciation!!

Gail, Shelley and Mary,
Thanks for the encouragement and advice! I have had a bad pain week and finally went to the store all by myself today and got supplies for pre and post op.
Mary, I think that you have been through the wringer with your endometriosis. I asked my Dr. what we should do if I have endo on my bowels. He said PRAY! Sounds like you have already had to experience that problem. I'm hoping that my miniature bowel movements are being caused by a rectocele in the same way my weak urine stream is being caused by my uterus pressing on my bladder and urethra!
I will be thinking of you on Monday, Mary. It is nice to know someone will be going through a similar procedure!

Gail and Shelley, I'm very encouraged to know that you have made it through to the other side and are helping folks like me navigate through everything.

Thanks again, Gretchen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register