Home from the Castle | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle Home from the Castle

Unread 03-23-2002, 04:50 AM
Home from the Castle

Hey Ladies! I'm home! I'm so glad to be home. I have been home for 3 days now. Just now able to walk to the computer (which is downstairs!) Had a wonderful group of nurses in the castle which took VERY good care of me.

The gas is still really bad. I'm already getting fustrated being in bed. Started on HRT the day after surgery. I'm so glad it is all over. to all of you still waiting. Take my word for it, waiting IS the hardest part.

Feel GREAT this morning. I know it won't last long so, I am enjoying it while I can this morning. Take care. Been sneezing this morning. OUCH that hurts!

((((Cheryl))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 07:19 AM
Home from the Castle

Welcome home Cheryl!

Sounds like things went pretty well for you in the castle. Hope the recovery goes just as smoothly.

About the gas, have you asked your doc what you can take to help with that? If it is bothering you, check with him or her.

Remember to drink, walk and rest. Take care.
Unread 03-23-2002, 09:32 AM
Welcome Home Cheryl

So glad to hear that everything went well for you.
Try some Gas-X for the gas pain. It really helped me. I think the gas settled down after about a week for me.
Remember
Hope the sneezes go away for you too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Home from the Castle

Hi Cheryl !!!! So glad you are home . We made it . I have been telling everyone the same thing over and over , the waiting really is the worse part. I have been using Gas X and it has really helped me. So glad to hear you are having a good recovery. I have not tried going down my stairs yet. Maybe next week. Take care and best wishes !!!
Terri
Unread 03-23-2002, 01:58 PM
Home from the Castle

Hi Cheryl

I have been checking everyday to see if you have posted to say how things went in the castle.

You are a now!! I am so glad everything went good for you!!! I have 11 days and counting. When you are feeling more up to it please post to tell your experience!!

Take Care Of Yourself!!

Unread 03-23-2002, 06:50 PM
Welcome Home Cheryl :)

Glad to here that you are home and doing well. I will agree with you the waiting is the WORST! I am 11 days post and am feeling surprisingly well.

Moe
Unread 03-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Home from the Castle

A big thank you to all the post op princesses who post to tell us how good they are feeling just a few days after surgery! It makes it much easier for those if us LIWs who are headed for the castle in less than a week... and who are now experiencing HIGH ANXIETY. Every time I start to lose it I log on to the site and read your messages. They really do help!
Unread 03-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome Home Cheryl

You look lovely in your shiny new crown. Here is a plate of warm chewy brownies
Be sure and get lots and lots of
Please keep us posted on how you are getting along, when you feel up to it. But don't sit for long periods of time.
Take Care
Unread 03-24-2002, 05:27 AM
Home from the Castle

Welcome home! Sounds like you're doing great. I'm 10 days until my surgery. Sounds like I'll be buying some stock in Gas X!! Hope I do as well as you post-op.
Unread 03-24-2002, 05:30 AM
Home from the Castle

Cheryl,

Welcome home. Sounds like you're taking your walks around the house now! Don't forget the water and rest! I've already started stockpiling water, juices, etc, but my 13-year old son thinks it's all for him!!! I'm LIW and will be in your shoes in 10 days!

REST, WALK and DRINK!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register